What are cat rush, pop rush, and chop rush?

trist007

Chieftain
And for that matter, what other rushes are there?

How are they all executed?

Cat rush is a a rush to catapaults and using them to conquer nearby cities without a ton of strategic resources.

There are two different things meant by 'rush' One is speeding up production of a unit/building, you can pop rush (use drafting or slavery to complete it under nationhood or slavery), cash rush (spend money to complete it under universal suffrage), or chop rush (chop down forests for bonus hammers).

The other is quickly getting to a military technology, then making a lot (or all) of that unit to win a war quickly. An axe rush involves connecting bronze with your second or third city, then building a ton of axemen to take over a neighbor before they can do much. A cavalry rush is about getting to military tradition and gunpowder then flooding an opponent with cavalry before they have a real counter.

The interesting about cat rushes is that
a) catapults don't need resources to be built
b) catapults inflict a lot of collateral damage and thus are the most efficient city attacker of the classics (not to forget the only unit capable of bombarding)
c) are not more expensive then swordsmen and as strong as axemen

The only bad about catapults is that they're weak against horses.

.Shane. said:
A saw someone use the term "food chop"? what is that?

I'm guessing it's another term for pop-rushing.

It was mentioned in the "I got Warlords" thread. I had no idea what it meant there.

chop rush is trees, pop rush is using slavery + lots of food to sacrifice population every ten turns. The food allows it to grow back quicker, thus making it time for another pop-rush.

Can anyone tell me how to use these becuase I happen to like my Forest and my people?

Top Bottom