Accept Embassy?

For me, it depends on how far away they are, and more importantly, who they are.

I never give Embassies to nearby aggressors such as Oda, Ashurbanipal, etc., even if I need the money really badly.

Yeah, better do not accept it early even to peaceful civs - otherwise they will tend to settle toward you.

One general rule of thumb to use it to never sell embasies unless you are sure that they know where your cap is. That way you don't run the risk of them getting that 'buff'.

One benefit to not giving people your embassy, is sometimes city states will give you a quest like "We want you to find Washington's lands"

If you exchange embassies as soon as you get writing you won't be able to get this easy influence.

One benefit to not giving people your embassy, is sometimes city states will give you a quest like "We want you to find Washington's lands"

If you exchange embassies as soon as you get writing you won't be able to get this easy influence.

You don't have to trade embassy for embassy though. You can take gold instead and then buy the embassy when you get the quest.

Take the gold, if an AI will covet your lands, trade or not your embassy will not avoid you to prepare for war. This is Deity.

Top Bottom