How do I obtain oil on the coast

Antmf

Chieftain
I have an oil spot right on the coast in the water 1 tile off land in one of my cities. Question is what do I need to harvest it? Which upgrade do i need? Thanks...

Look in the tech tree.(hint: top of the line oil rigs work););)

How goes the rest of the game?

Imi

Ahh so far so good I am on top with military and research gold food etc. and Montezuma or however you spell his name is afraid of me lol. I am waiting to get planes and then I think I may start bombing him. I think he will be helpless...
P.S. but i know I will get toasted probaably when i move up a level....

So who else have you met? Any other civs looking bad in your direction? If military is what your doing just remember once the war machine is turned on don't stop till they drop(dead) as they will be retribution all over you if they can or at least steal tech till they can go for a victory condition your not expecting.

Of course your on the level where they are afraid of their own shadows...:mischief:

Yeah thank goodness lol. Oh btw how come my great war planes can't or won't attack land targets like cities? They only attack troops...

Yeah thank goodness lol. Oh btw how come my great war planes can't or won't attack land targets like cities? They only attack troops...

Describe what your doing for the attack i.e. I click on the plane and...

I usually just click the plane I wish to attack with then right click on the city or unit.
If your not doing that try it and let me know.

Describe what your doing for the attack i.e. I click on the plane and...

I usually just click the plane I wish to attack with then right click on the city or unit.
If your not doing that try it and let me know.

Ok it is a great war bomber. When I click on the bomb button it shows red borders which I guess is the distance it can go but when I click on S and target a city it seems nothing happens unless I need to turn off quick combat or I am not targeting the city correctly?

Ok it is a great war bomber. When I click on the bomb button it shows red borders which I guess is the distance it can go but when I click on S and target a city it seems nothing happens unless I need to turn off quick combat or I am not targeting the city correctly?

Ok try this.

left click on the plane then right click on a city to attack. watch the health bar for the plane it should go down in health. or just turn the animation on again temporarily and do that same thing above. Sounds like it is working but with animations turned off it just is not showing(hence the health bar will be the tell tale sign.)

nope still nothing maybe its to far out of the planes reach? Yeah thats what it is says may strike within 6 tiles and rebase within 12. So my problem now is how do I increase the distance to bomb the cities. They are to far back lol.

nope still nothing maybe its to far out of the planes reach? Yeah thats what it is says may strike within 6 tiles and rebase within 12. So my problem now is how do I increase the distance to bomb the cities. They are to far back lol.

Is there ocean tiles nearby where you can use carriers? (if you are to that tech level)?

That's about it or just plop down another city somewhere closer and put several units in and around the new city to protect it from you enemy. If you have taken a city or two you can sue for peace and you enemy will offer more goods for ten turns. click the peace button in diplomacy then be sure to click on the "what will you offer me button" in the center to get the best deal.

ok thanks I got it. It was to far for the great war bombers but the more modern bombers can go 10 tiles which is great, on my way to atomic bomb :)

ok thanks I got it. It was to far for the great war bombers but the more modern bombers can go 10 tiles which is great, on my way to atomic bomb :)

That'll work!

one more stupid question. When I attack a city with bombers do i actually have to have a ground unit to take it? because it seems even tho the city has no health left after being bombed nothing happens.

one more stupid question. When I attack a city with bombers do i actually have to have a ground unit to take it? because it seems even tho the city has no health left after being bombed nothing happens.

any military unit or scout can take a city and more importantly the unit can have only one health itself as long as the cities health is at 1 also.

Well I won lol. So now I will go up own he difficulty level..only way for me to get better. Lol. But thus time I want to try a science or religious victory although I do t fully understand on what need to be done for a religious victory. Thanks for all the tips anD help guys...

Per Say, there really isn't a "religious victory" You can have a diplomatic or culture victory which are both quite fun.

For the Diplo try The Greeks, their extra benefits with CS's makes it more quick/fun, Build buildings/wonders/tile use that create a healthy economy as you will need plenty of cash to buy out the CS's later game, Use the religion to help with economy(Tithe as I used is pretty good).

For the Culture Victory pick a civ you like for playability and then start early building all the culture buildings and wonders you can You must use the social policies which help with all this economy and get all the culture CS's on your side and keep them there. Planting 3-4 Great Artists works for the culture benefit also, but I have not used them as much, so someone else will have to tell you how they work best.

Top Bottom