Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can't seem to settle cities on my own culture-borders, even if I'm the required 3 tiles ahead from cities in all direction. The found city button doesn't even show up actually. Tried buying a few more tiles to try out if it worked the same way everywhere and it seems to be that way.

I have the same bug, but only after pioneers appeared. Before pioneers, I could use settlers to build cities on tiles 3 tiles away from cities, but after pioneers, I need 5.

EDIT: I may have installed a little incorrectly, I will try to reinstall before claiming this.

Cant't produce or buy anything in a city once corporation wonder is built in capital and corporation office should be available in any other city (I was able to continue my game by adding office to all my cities via Ingame editor but this solution disables city management).

I'm not quite sure the AI realize vassals like you said they do. I had my neighbor and BFF ask me to declare war on my vassal together with him, I said no naturally and maybe 15 turns later he declares war on my vassal anyways, breaking a DOF with me and losing 7 trade-routes he had going to my cities. While it is quite possible that he was planning to back-stab me, it seems rather unlikely as my army pretty much outclasses his in every way, as well as him not having a single negative mod towards me all game.

And I know he declared war on my vassal, not me as I didn't get a popup.

Cant't produce or buy anything in a city once corporation wonder is built in capital and corporation office should be available in any other city (I was able to continue my game by adding office to all my cities via Ingame editor but this solution disables city management).

Sounds like a lua issue. Post your lua.log file if you have logging enabled. If not, enable logging, load the save, and then try to go into your city. When it fails, exit the game, and then send me your lua.log.

And I know he declared war on my vassal, not me as I didn't get a popup.

That sounds like a triggered bug, as you shouldn't be able to declare war on vassals anyways. I'll see about a fix for the next version.

G

I am not sure if this is a bug, or if it's from CS diplomacy or what... but I will note it here.

Is it normal for a CS to end up with more than one city? Example, they beat up a neighbouring CS and take over... or they beat up a neighbouring city of a full Civ and end up with a second city?

I have read very old general discussion threads (not about community patch) talking about CSs who get a 2nd city tend to raze it, unless it's a capital. I suppose any neighbouring CS may count as a capital and not get razed... but hey, I post the oddity and wonder if it's a bug or just "rarity but not anything about the CP, CBP."

My recent examples included Bogota somehow ending up owning the city state of Lhasa next door... and also Kabul ending up with a crummy Carthaginian city next door (really late game when Civs were just grabbing marginal territory for far flung expansion). I suspect Kabul ended up with the neighbour city due to hammering it with an Ironclad during a war... and the Ironclad of course happens to conquer the coastal city, and it's not like Kabul would exactly give back a city. Again though, it didn't raze it either.

I am not sure if this is a bug, or if it's from CS diplomacy or what... but I will note it here.

Is it normal for a CS to end up with more than one city? Example, they beat up a neighbouring CS and take over... or they beat up a neighbouring city of a full Civ and end up with a second city?

I have read very old general discussion threads (not about community patch) talking about CSs who get a 2nd city tend to raze it, unless it's a capital. I suppose any neighbouring CS may count as a capital and not get razed... but hey, I post the oddity and wonder if it's a bug or just "rarity but not anything about the CP, CBP."

My recent examples included Bogota somehow ending up owning the city state of Lhasa next door... and also Kabul ending up with a crummy Carthaginian city next door (really late game when Civs were just grabbing marginal territory for far flung expansion). I suspect Kabul ended up with the neighbour city due to hammering it with an Ironclad during a war... and the Ironclad of course happens to conquer the coastal city, and it's not like Kabul would exactly give back a city. Again though, it didn't raze it either.

I think that's a feature of CSD, City-states are now less likely to raze cities they conquer. However it is worth mentioning that city-states sometimes kept captured cities in vanilla as well, I remember a game where one of my city-states managed to conquer and eliminate the entire Chinese civilization, they kept 4 of their cities including their capital.
By the way in your first example, Bogota wouldn't even have the choice to raze Lhasa as Lhasa can't be razed, being a capital city.

Conscription in Honour (free ranged unit in all newly founded cities, ranged unit spawns next to capital) is malfunctioning slightly. Ranged unit isn't spawning next to the capital.

Bug in 6-27 version.

Occasionally when I try to convert other cities (esp. city states) I get a non-reproducible crash to desktop. This did not happen in older versions. It only began to happen after a converted the c. 40th city or so. Playing on a huge map. No other mods other than the CCP basics.

Sounds like a lua issue. Post your lua.log file if you have logging enabled. If not, enable logging, load the save, and then try to go into your city. When it fails, exit the game, and then send me your lua.log.
G

This error flood all down the luz.log file. Will make a short case lua.log if it's necessary (instead of sending you 20 hours of game tracking)
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Yann\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI) (7-1)\LUA\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:364: attempt to index global 'city' (a nil value)
+ in database.log
[979.718] Invalid Reference on Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides.BuildingClassType - "BUILDING_CIVILIZED_JEWELERS_HQ" does not exist in BuildingClasses
[979.718] Invalid Reference on Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides.BuildingClassType - "BUILDING_CIVILIZED_JEWELERS_HQ" does not exist in BuildingClasses

edit: EUI version run smoothly. So, I would say non-EUI Compatibility is not compatible with corporations

Investing in the CSD-buildings doesn't count towards your one investment per day for some reason. You're free to invest in something else afterwards, not sure if that's intended or not but I don't remember reading about it.

Game breaking = Major crash or broken interface. This is not game breaking. It is on my fix list, but don't exaggerate the urgency.

G

Good. Then it's experience breaking issue.

I was able to find workaround: I've set "avoid growth" flag and counted turns after which I removed it. When several tiles are being worked city management AI works good. I wasn't forced to manually override it's decisions.

Thanks for the mod. User interface is my favorite.

Hi everyody, I'm having some issues:

I play with :
CP
CBP
CSD
C4DF
Events and Decissions
Health and Plague
Piety and Prestige
Ynaemp unnofficial v23
Some mods that only add some wonders
Compatibility patches and installation instructions followed.
I like to play in marathon speed.
I'm playing CIV V in English, so no problem with that. I also uninstalled and installed it again. I have deleted the cache files several times.

If I use EUI for CBP and the compatibility patch:
- The game starts and I found my capital city, when I am asked for choosing the production nothing happens. I click on choose production, the button "sounds" but the production selection screen is not prompted. Entering in the city screen and clicking on "choose production" neither works.

Without using EUI:

- I can start and play normally until I start my first war. When I do it, the "save game" and "quick save games" options stop working. The same issue referred before, the button "sounds", but the save screen doesn't prompt. When the war is finished, it doesn't work also. The auto-save seems to work all right.

- When I conquer a city, it will never grow. It remains in one turn for growing. The cities founded by me grow as they should, but the conquered cities won't grow. I tried building courthouses but it didn't work.

I was very happy with the mods, they change the game like if it was a new civilization. Even withour the EUI I was happy, but this is unplayable right now.

I would appreciate all help you can provide.
Thank you very much for reading this.

Hi everyody, I'm having some issues:

I play with :
CP
CBP
CSD
C4DF
Events and Decissions
Health and Plague
Piety and Prestige
Ynaemp unnofficial v23
I'm playing CIV V in English, so no problem with that. I also uninstalled and installed it again. I have deleted the cache files several times.

If I use EUI for CBP and the compatibility patch:
- The game starts and I found my capital city, when I am asked for choosing the production nothing happens. I click on choose production, the button "sounds" but the production selection screen is not prompted. Entering in the city screen and clicking on "choose production" neither works.

Without using EUI:

- I can start and play normally until I start my first war. When I do it, the "save game" and "quick save games" options stop working. The same issue referred before, the button "sounds", but the save screen doesn't prompt. When the war is finished, it doesn't work also. The auto-save seems to work all right.

- When I conquer a city, it will never grow. It remains in one turn for growing. The cities founded by me grow as they should, but the conquered cities won't grow. I tried building courthouses but it didn't work.

I was very happy with the mods, they change the game like if it was a new civilization. Even without the EUI I was happy, but this is unplayable right now.

I would appreciate all help you can provide.
Thank you very much for reading this.

I can answer the first part - Health and Plague is not compatible with EUI's CityView changes. You won't be able to build anything. This is what is causing the production button issue.

Not sure about the issues playing without EUI.

I can answer the first part - Health and Plague is not compatible with EUI's CityView changes. You won't be able to build anything. This is what is causing the production button issue.

Not sure about the issues playing without EUI.

Thank you very much. Maybe that is the main problem. Tomorrow (now it's 3:29 am in Spain) I'll try a game without health and plague, but it's a pity.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Spoiler :

That's some James Bond level theft going on there.

Note that I had around 16,000 gold total, afterwards I only had just over 1,000. So it wasn't like India stole a small percentage; I just had the equivalent of the plot from Die Hand with a Vengeance happen in my capital.

I know that spies have a chance to do this each turn but seriously? That's gotta be a bug.

And I just know he'll spend all that on rush-buying nukes too.

I've tried a new game with EUI without Health and Plague and now it displays 2100 AD as the year in the first turn. It never changes.

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled all the mods and the problem is still there.

Any advice? Thank you.

EDIT: Deactivating JFD Piety and Prestige and starting a new game with EUI makes it work OK. Can't I play with Piety and Prestige and EUI? :(

Mods now active:

CP
CBP
CSD
C4DF
Events and Decissions
Ynaemp unnofficial v23

So not really a bug, but there is a couple of typos I have found:

- Seaport's description says "+1 GOld".

- Imperialism's opener spells the wonder's name as "Brandeburg Gate".

I don't know if there's more, but those are the ones I have found.

Conscription in Honour (free ranged unit in all newly founded cities, ranged unit spawns next to capital) is malfunctioning slightly. Ranged unit isn't spawning next to the capital.

For me worked perfectly, but right now just spawned a Musketman. Ranged?

Collection of bugs/issues from my last game. 7/1 Version, CP/CBP/CSD/C4DF/EUI+Compat, More Lux, Infoaddict, Really Advanced Setup, Tectonic map script, Huge map, 18 civs, 34 CSs, Epic speed, Immortal, standard global difficulty.

1. I assume this is just a clerical error, but the LandSea Extractors Office Civilopedia page says "+1 Hammer per Hexxon Refineries Franchise"

Spoiler :

2. AI doesn't follow through on its sneak attack plans. 4 or 5 times I got spy intrigue saying an AI was planning a sneak attack on one of my cities, and they never attacked.

3. Assassination and building/wonder sabotage spy actions can cause accumulated great person points or building/wonder production to go negative. Continuing to work the GPPs, building, or wonder, forces you to work from the negative number, not back from zero. Germany worked back from about -400 to about -200 on the Globe Theater after sabotage. I also went down to -312 Great Engineer Points in my cap thanks to an assassination.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

4. AI still does not value food enough

Spoiler :

5. I randomly get weird UI glitches where the tile yields display on the map do not match the tile yields actually being produced. Example: in this screen shot, the map displays 3 Food 1 Gold on a farm tile that is actually producing only 3 Food.

Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom