Requested Mods

I'd like to see someone make a mod based around the "Allison and Lillia" anime and light novels. The world is very similar to Europe in the 1940s, but with two countries on a single continent. It'd be really cool to see.

I'd like a mod which changes up espionage to be a bit more like what you see in Beyond Earth. You can send your agents out to do various missions, not just steal intel.

How I'd do it is make it so that, instead of just choosing between "Diplomat" and "Spy", you can send them as:

-Agitator: Create unhappiness in Target city.
-Thief: Steal gold from target nation.
-Infiltrator: Lower City Defense.
-Insurgent: Lower City Population.
-Art Thief: Steal culture from target.

I'm finding the idea of beelining more and more obnoxious. I mean, there is always one AI that decides it is a good idea to take the lower part of the tech tree and go forever that way. They get gunpowder to get into the renaissance without ever touching stuff like sailing, philosophy, civil service. It is completely unrealistic, severely immersion breaking. Also, makes the AI weak in the long run, because they lack infrastructure, luxuries, etc.

I beg someone here to make, or tell me how to make myself [God help me, I lack the time and skills but whatever], a mod the makes something like this:

- Agriculture is the first tech in ancient era, and needed to research anything else in that era, right?

- So, every era would have a starting tech, which must be researched before any other tech in its era. But to access it, all techs of the previous era must be researched.

- We start with Agriculture, and must research everything in the ancient era to access, let's see.... Philosophy. That opens the classic era;

- The we must research everything in the classic era to access Civil Service, thus opening the medieval era;

- Same thing: research all medieval techs to access, I dunno... Printing Press? That should open the renaissance.

- Get all renaissance stuff and we'll be to research Industrialization, which allows grabbing juicy industrial era techs.

- And so on, until that last tech no one cares much about because the game is over by then.

With thing this way, those races for tech [and thus wonders] will be confined to within each era, avoiding stuff like "America has no boats at all, no decent farms, no plantations in its many luxuries, no horseman/knights, no temples, not a single mfing library; all it has is muskets and xbows sitting around their cities".

I'm finding the idea of beelining more and more obnoxious. I mean, there is always one AI that decides it is a good idea to take the lower part of the tech tree and go forever that way. They get gunpowder to get into the renaissance without ever touching stuff like sailing, philosophy, civil service. It is completely unrealistic, severely immersion breaking. Also, makes the AI weak in the long run, because they lack infrastructure, luxuries, etc.

I beg someone here to make, or tell me how to make myself [God help me, I lack the time and skills but whatever], a mod the makes something like this:

- Agriculture is the first tech in ancient era, and needed to research anything else in that era, right?

- So, every era would have a starting tech, which must be researched before any other tech in its era. But to access it, all techs of the previous era must be researched.

- We start with Agriculture, and must research everything in the ancient era to access, let's see.... Philosophy. That opens the classic era;

- The we must research everything in the classic era to access Civil Service, thus opening the medieval era;

- Same thing: research all medieval techs to access, I dunno... Printing Press? That should open the renaissance.

- Get all renaissance stuff and we'll be to research Industrialization, which allows grabbing juicy industrial era techs.

- And so on, until that last tech no one cares much about because the game is over by then.

With thing this way, those races for tech [and thus wonders] will be confined to within each era, avoiding stuff like "America has no boats at all, no decent farms, no plantations in its many luxuries, no horseman/knights, no temples, not a single mfing library; all it has is muskets and xbows sitting around their cities".
There's already a mod that makes you completely finish each era's techs before moving on. I can't remember the name but it was made by Whoward, I believe. It is either in the downloads area, or on his website. google pick-n-mix mods.

Looked everywhere in Whoward's site and this site's database, there is no such mod yet [unless it is hidden or something].

Here is a disgustingly ugly [and big] picture of what is in my mind, made by yours truly on MS Paint:

Spoiler :

Looked everywhere in Whoward's site and this site's database, there is no such mod yet [unless it is hidden or something].
If I recall correctly, it was called Global Complete Eras. I used it with Gods & Kings expansion. He may have put it in his DLL mod.

That's not compatible with BNW nor with Barathor's awesome Galleys for Civs... :(

Scratch that, see my new post below!!

New around here, but I'd like to request mods.

Basically, any civilization based off the Shin Megami Tensei series and its spin-offs. There's a lot of potential going on there, considering most of the games feature factional warfare.

A few ideas:

Lucifer's Demon Empire
UA: Unbounded Freedom (Military Units gain 50% strength during Anarchy. Great Person production is boosted by 10% during wartime.)
UU: Chaos Hero (replaces Great War Infantry): More expensive replacement, but can do a ranged attack of with a range of two tiles.
UU: Tyrant (replaces Great General): Unlike a normal Great General, a Tyrant provides less bonuses and cannot build citadels, but are powerful melee Military Units whose strength is scaled to match your current era's level of "above-average".

Michael's Millennium Kingdom (would have used YHVH, but the thought of GOD ADOPTING A RELIGION is...)
UA: Kingdom of Saints: Religion and Ideology is spread 10% faster during peacetime and 25% faster during wartimes. If your whole civ follows the religion that you founded, +25% happiness.
UU: Law Hero: Can spread religion less times than the Great Prophet it replaces, but can fight as a ranged unit, gaining a bonus fighting enemies of a different religion.
UB: Basilica: Replaces Temple, gives a small bonus to culture and production alongside faith.

I haven't thought up a Neutral civilization yet, mainly because there's never really have been a "Neutral faction" in SMT besides Daichi in Devil Survivor 2.

How long does it take without a mod author posting anything for a mod to be considered dead? Because it seems to me that Prehistoric Era (BNW) is dead or dying (or mod author is just busy) so if it does end up being dead then a revival of it (and soon adding a nomadic system) could be nice. If it's not dead it would be nice if help could be offered because he said that he's in dire need of it as he's been extremely busy with life.

Is there any mod that turns Russia into a super power? like the one with America, called American Domination...

Does anyone knows a mod, that makes more information avaible in the civilopedia for promotions?
I mean a mod like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92683076

But I need more information about promotions.
E.g. when you click at the promotion March. I want information like which units are able to choose this promotion and what the requirements for that are (for each type of unit)

I know there is a mod that links Great Generals to their respective civs (Kutuzov and Zhukov to Russia, Patton to America, Rommel to Germany, etc), but is there a mod that links ALL great people to their respective civs? It really breaks the immersion when you play as Arabia and get Dante Alighieri as a Great Writer...

Is there a way to control how many religions can be founded ingame? like if it's an 8 civ map everyone can get a religion, or the opposite only 2 can? I tried asking in general discusion but had no luck.

Is there a way to control how many religions can be founded ingame? like if it's an 8 civ map everyone can get a religion, or the opposite only 2 can? I tried asking in general discusion but had no luck.

Yes. You can either write a mod or edit the core XML file directly and change MaxActiveReligions in Civ5Worlds.xml (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo for G&K or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo for BNW)

That's not compatible with BNW nor with Barathor's awesome Galleys for Civs... :(

OMG it actually DOES work!!

I thought it wouldn't because it says "incompatible with any mod that changes the same sql", but Barathor's Galleys for Civs is just XML. Thus, I decided to give it a shot even though it was made for G&K, and it DOES work with BNW!

AWESOME!!

Dunno if there will be any trouble ahead, but so far it seems good: I researched Writing and and couldn't go into Drama&Poetry, it is requiring all other ancient techs. YAY!

Is there a mod that would fix the great people buildings not being considered as tile improvement, so you can't build things like mint, which require improved gold or silver, if you've built a great person building on that luxury tile. The irony is that if you were to build a mint before consuming the great person - the building and its effect would stay.

Is there a mod that would fix the great people buildings not being considered as tile improvement, so you can't build things like mint, which require improved gold or silver, if you've built a great person building on that luxury tile. The irony is that if you were to build a mint before consuming the great person - the building and its effect would stay.

I just tested it and you can't build a mint, if you build a great improvement on a gold ressource.

And even if it would be possible, it is not very wise to build a great improvement on a luxury, since this way you don't get access to the luxury.

btw even the wiki says that great tile improvements Connects any strategic resource on the tile, so it's a bug or it've changed? Anyway I feel like great tile improvement should connect luxuries to the network properly, especially since you can build the buildings spend a great person on great tile improvement, and not lose building's effect anyway.

Serp, hence I'm asking for a mod :)

Top Bottom