Is it just me or does this game just get boring after a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every activity gets boring if you do not introduce some varity.

Civ 5 got hundreds of time more of my playing time...

No, it does not get boring!

The actions during the turns in civ5 are very repetitive.
And most actions don't require thinking, it's simply work.
See this video :
Spoiler :
[YOUTUBE-OLD]BtTEgO3HE40[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

So, you're are contradicting yourself.

And to the OP : your mind is telling you something. Try to find out what it is.

The actions during the turns in civ5 are very repetitive.
And most actions don't require thinking, it's simply work.
See this video :
Spoiler :
[YOUTUBE-OLD]BtTEgO3HE40[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

So, you're are contradicting yourself.

And to the OP : your mind is telling you something. Try to find out what it is.

You couldn't be more wrong. The actions during civ4 can also be very repetitive and tiresome. Do you know what is like work? war with stacks in civ 4.

Also I fail to see how the video tube that you posted adds anything to your point of view.

if you play civ 5, you will know there are many things can be done during each turn, and soon there will be more option available for the players with the new expansion.

Spoiler :

TO the op: form your post i feel that you haven't mastered the game and its mechanics yet. and don't pay attention to some of the civ4 fan boys who show up here to derail every thread, and spew their bias point of views in civ5 forum.

I just answered the question. Cant see why I have to get responses like this :sad:

I admit its been a long time since I played civ5, and tbh, whenever I venture into the Civ5 forum and see these kind of ....... comments, I feel no urge to open up civ5.
I mean, this kind of hostility have to have roots somewhere...

I thought it was common knowledge that because of less stuff to build, the build costs had been increased and the production modifiers as well as improvements had been reduced, to balance out gamespeeds.

That is common knowledge... that is, if it's still 2010 out there. The problem is that it's an archaic viewpoint. Sure, everyone has a reason for believing what they believe based on experiences and things they have heard, but if I went into a room full of politicians and spoke to them about current affairs I really don't know anything about, how would my comments be received?

I wouldn't take the response to your comments as hostility, and you surely shouldn't make a decision not to enjoy any particular pastime just because of how someone responds to you on a message board. The things you said were no doubt true the last time you played the game, but the responding comments were surely due to the fact it becomes tiresome when people say the game is bad, only for that person to reveal with their comments that they are bashing an iteration of the game that does not exist anymore and their opinion is no longer valid to the current discussion.

It's fine to have an opinion, but it's even better to have an educated up-to-date opinion. :) Don't be discouraged from playing the game because Civ V fans are inherently mean, and only play if you have Gods and Kings. If it's vanilla, then yeah, I wouldn't enjoy it much either. If you still hate it, then by all means, tell us about it then! :goodjob:

And if people enjoy playing a game you don't like and you don't play it anyway, what's the point of venturing into the forums to tell them they enjoy playing an inferior game? That's the one thing I will never understand, but maybe that's just my non-confrontational nature. If I don't like something, I move on with my life. I'm not saying this describes you in particular, but there are some who come over here just to bash the game and it's kind of sad they can't just live a happy life and instead feel the need to take frustration and anger out on a computer screen.

How do you not get DoWed by like turn 60 like that?

It very much depends how near they are and how aggressive the civ is. Even on deity if you are far enough away or next to friendly AIs you can avoid ever getting DOWed.

You couldn't be more wrong. The actions during civ4 can also be very repetitive and tiresome. Do you know what is like work? war with stacks in civ 4.

Also I fail to see how the video tube that you posted adds anything to your point of view.

if you play civ 5, you will know there are many things can be done during each turn, and soon there will be more option available for the players with the new expansion.

Spoiler :

TO the op: form your post i feel that you haven't mastered the game and its mechanics yet. and don't pay attention to some of the civ4 fan boys who show up here to derail every thread, and spew their bias point of views in civ5 forum.

Ah yes, here we go. Anytime someone states something contrary or negative towards Civ V, out comes the "fanboy" label. :sarcasm: Well done Good Sir :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom