Why was Monty grateful for this peace treaty?

beestbijnacht

Chieftain
He's #1 in soldiers, I'm #3. He had my city smothered, there was nothing I could do. Even my military advisor was peeing his pants. In a desperate shot, i proposed an even peace treaty, and he called my offer gracious (I could've gotten something?!).

He would not have beaten me, but he could have liberated that CS at least.

He was afraid of me before DOWing me, and the turn before i sued for peace I took Ramses' capital, but only because Monty and Ramses team DOWed me. Any of that got to do with it? He could've kicked me in the balls if he wanted to.

Maybe he was at war with someone else (particually the one that's #2 in troopage), and couldn't afford to fight two fonts with two powerful opponents (I'm guessing...)

Maybe he was at war with someone else (particually the one that's #2 in troopage), and couldn't afford to fight two fonts with two powerful opponents (I'm guessing...)

A nice little touch. Love it when I'm mired in a fruitless war and my AI opponent gets DOW'd by someone else. Peace deal here I come!

It's possible he was bribed to DOW you... He was close enough to throw his troops at you... Fought for ten turns as agreed... And was happy to make peace because he never intended to attack you in the first place.

Top Bottom