Civ 5 Leader Personalities

Jon the Bastard

Warlord
Wholly poop, it's been a long time since I posted on these forums. Too long, in fact. Almost two years since I really engaged the community here! Shame on me.

So, back in 2011 I did this little write-up on the personalities of the different Civilization 5 leaders. It was well-received by many of the readers here on the forums.

You can read and laugh here.

I did another one for the various DLC civilizations here that proved to be less popular but I enjoyed writing.

Now, just because I've been away doesn't mean that I haven't been playing Civilization 5 Gods and Kings. But, what I haven't done is a write-up like the two above for that expansion. With Brave New World coming up, I thought I'd see if there was any interest in me doing funny personality write-ups for Gods and Kings and Brave New World when it comes out. So, what say you all?

Yes, please do so! And about G&K, what do you have to say about Austria? Haven't seen anything about one of my favorite leaders :)

Yes, please do so! And about G&K, what do you have to say about Austria? Haven't seen anything about one of my favorite leaders :)

If I were going to talk about Austria from a human player standpoint, I'd say they're pretty awesome. A nice, well-balanced civ. There are some matches where the UA for Austria becomes impossible to take advantage of, so it's a give-and-take at times.

As for an AI-controlled Austria... Maria Theresa is a total smarmy Princess. She reminds me of Angelica from the Rugrats cartoon. Eck.

I never had Austria as a strong AI opponent, but I do agree it can be a great with a human player. Good for almost all victory conditions, except diplomatic of course, but it can completely mess up other players diplomatic advances. As AI controlled, I think it simply doesn't work, and her voice is annoying as hell.

Top Bottom