Barbarians crashed my game

Knux

Chieftain
I'm here to report a ...bug? I'm actually not sure.

So I was playing as the Celts, the early turns were pretty normal, apart from all my scouts getting eaten by bears or lions. And then, a few turns after founding my second city, a barbarian archer spawned. I thought it was no big deal, after all, it's only a single archer and I have about 4 slingers garrisoned inside my city. Until I hovered over it and saw that it had a TON of promotions, including all ranks of Woodsman and City Defense. It easily took the city and razed it. Then it went after my capital, and the turn it fell, my game crashed. It was... interesting, to say the least.

I had Raging Barbarians and Barbarian Generals on, but the archer had no General attached to it. I also have the AND Mega Civ Pack installed, though I doubt it has anything to do with that.

Hi.
When a unit with max promotions pops out, it means the game has used some old values from the cache. This problem can be caused either by:
- Playing two differents mods on the same PC.
- Updating the game via svn (not using the launcher).

You need to clear the cache. Just start the launcher, "Menu > Fix installation > Clear cache", and restart your game. Unfortunately, your savegame will still contains that overpowered unit, but you won't get new units like these.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll go ahead and clear the cache right away.

If you don't have or don't want to use dbkblk's launcher, you can find the cache here:
C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

You'll have to make sure Hidden Files/Folders are enabled though, and making a shortcut to this folder will help lots.

Either way works :)

Top Bottom