Crash on Loading the Mod

jamesdond1

Chieftain
Hi all,

I keep getting a crash whenever I load AND or when I have it load automatically when CIV BTS starts. Various errors pop up that have issues with the XML files such as:

"Failed Loading XML file xml\Units/CIV4PromitionInfos.xml.
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
File: xml\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
Reason: Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema."

And it continues further.

Maybe my google-fu is failing me, but I can't find anything that works to fix it. I've tried Re-installing the game, verifying the integrity, running everything as administrator, and setting compatibility to multiple different systems. My video drivers are up to date and I don't have a sound card. I am on the most recent patch on Steam and have also tried the original 3.19 patch. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: For those who may be having the same problem, the following worked for me:

Could you open "CvAltRoot.py" with a text editor and replace "C:/Documents and Settings/[UserName]/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword" with your path (and of course copy the mod in My Games.

On my setup, i have Civ4 (DVD) in C:/Jeux/Civ4 and Civ4 (Steam) in C:/Jeux/Steam/... and My Games in on D:/ so your problem resides somewhere else.

To make sure it's not an obvious issue:

Your BTS installation is patched to 3.19 and you are running this on Windows (or windows emulator like wine) right?

The in-game patcher does not work. You have to download the patch file from CFC or another site and install it that way.

Also, are you using a direct download installation (like Steam) or the DVD install?

To make sure it's not an obvious issue:

Your BTS installation is patched to 3.19 and you are running this on Windows (or windows emulator like wine) right?

The in-game patcher does not work. You have to download the patch file from CFC or another site and install it that way.

Also, are you using a direct download installation (like Steam) or the DVD install?

Yes, I've tried both 3.19 and the Steam update patch. I am using Steam. I probably should have mentioned that, sorry. I'll add that to the OP.

Also you don't have any older Rise of Mankind folder installed, do you? And have you downloaded the latest revision from the main download thread? Are you using the launcher? Which revision does it show?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13685770 said:
Also you don't have any older Rise of Mankind folder installed, do you? And have you downloaded the latest revision from the main download thread? Are you using the launcher? Which revision does it show?

Did you downloaded the installer from there http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/ and followed the instructions ?
Sorry for the late reply. I thought the email notifications would work, but they haven't been for some reason. Anyway, I did download the launcher from sourceforge. There is no older version of Rise of Mankind. I have tried both the launcher and loading from base cIV, but no results. It is up to date up until a couple of days ago, it's showing Mod Rev 881 and launcher rev 1.09. I'll try installing the update that recently came out and let you know.

Edit: Tried updating, for some reason it only updated to 884 instead of 885. That aside, 884 gives the same error.

From the launcher, try to do:
"Menu -> Fix installation -> Reset mod to the default state"

Please, try to replace the broken file with the one from the server, ("Assets/xml/Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml"):
http://civ.afforess.com/repo/

If it still doesn't work, please redownload the latest full installer here or execute an update with the launcher:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/anewdawn/files/latest/download

EDIT: How did you installed the mod?

Nope, that did not work.

I've updated the mod using the launcher, though for some reason it won't upgrade past 884.

I installed the mod using the full installer a while back (2 weeks?)

I've updated the mod using the launcher, though for some reason it won't upgrade past 884.
In fact, it did updated but one of our dev forgot to increment the version number, so the launcher and the game still think it is 884. The upgrade probably worked anyway.
Strange issue anyway because if you have upgraded, you have the exact same files as the server and we didn't encountered this issue.

EDIT: Could you clear the cache and retry ? Menu -> Fix installation -> Clear cache.

I installed the mod using the full installer a while back (2 weeks?)
Ok, noted.

In fact, it did updated but one of our dev forgot to increment the version number, so the launcher and the game still think it is 884. The upgrade probably worked anyway.
Strange issue anyway because if you have upgraded, you have the exact same files as the server and we didn't encountered this issue.

EDIT: Could you clear the cache and retry ? Menu -> Fix installation -> Clear cache.

Ok, noted.

Cleared the cache. Same errors persist :/

Unfortunately, Sourceforge is down at the moment.

@jamesdond: Could you send me your "Assets/xml/Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml" file ?

@jamesdond: Could you send me your "Assets/xml/Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml" file ?

I've attached it to this reply. Also, just a reminder that this has hundreds of popups, not all pertaining to the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file.

Attachments

• CIV4PromotionInfos.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 33
Did you installed the mod in the default directory ? Could you copy-paste the installation adress please ?
Your file is strictly identical to mine, that means the problem comes from the initialization of the game. Civ. expect the mod to be somewhere where it isn't.

Did you installed the mod in the default directory ? Could you copy-paste the installation adress please ?
Your file is strictly identical to mine, that means the problem comes from the initialization of the game. Civ. expect the mod to be somewhere where it isn't.

C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\my games\Beyond the sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

I've also put it into my Steam folder (E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods) before with no success. I am able to load the BUFFY mod without any problems BTW.

Could you uncheck then check the option "Load the mod by default with the game" in the launcher and try to launch the game by the standard Beyond the Sword shortcut ?

Could you uncheck then check the option "Load the mod by default with the game" in the launcher and try to launch the game by the standard Beyond the Sword shortcut ?

The regular game works perfectly fine. I've tried both launching using that box and without (going to advanced settings in cIV). Both only get the errors when I load the mod.

Top Bottom