Ladies and Gentlemen, the recipe to beat Deity

If you want to beat Deity then play Deity, baptism by fire works fine. It's not as hard as it used to be(it was nerfed too hard in BNW imo compared to the psycho G&K AI, trade routes giving you big BPT early doesn't help) but it's hard to learn to adapt to the differences of it if you never play it.

Well to those who say 100 bpt is impossible, I'm pretty sure to have seen it. (could have mistaken ? Can't find the video again :( ) Although I seem to achieve myself only around 50 bpt by turn 100.

Oh, I'm sure it's possible, just like a sub T200 science victory is possible--just very difficult. And I'm sure that you can beat Deity without 100 bpt by T100.

My answer would be a bit shorter: Know how to use and piggyback off the AI.

My own personal reason for playing Immortal over Diety is that I feel a bit discontented having to basically rely on AI bonuses to play the game and also rely on the fact they should obliterate me with a huge carpet of doom but won't

It feels fake when its obvious your neighbors can and should steamroll you but don't.

Well to those who say 100 bpt is impossible, I'm pretty sure to have seen it. (could have mistaken ? Can't find the video again :( ) Although I seem to achieve myself only around 50 bpt by turn 100.

I suppose Babylon could quite easily. A free academy is 8 bpt. If you get your National College by turn 100 that becomes 12bpt.

But to be honest I've tried rushing the early National Wonders and it has backfired on me very badly. The 12-16 turns I spent on National College, National Epic & Grand Temple inevitably means I neglect my military and that can easily prove fatal. I would rather sacrifice beakers and have an army instead.
It's fairly easy to catch up on science later once you get spies and dip into rationalism (which the AI rarely does).

And once you get a decent army up it becomes fairly easy to keep it maintained rather than having to rush a military when you see an AI carpet of doom on your borders

Top Bottom