Not sure if the mod loaded correctly...

BackseatTyrant

Queer Anarcho-Transhumanist
Hello, everyone!

After a while of playing Civ V, I felt there wasn't a scifi mod which truly satisfied my needs, so I went ahead and bought Civ IV Complete on steam, downloaded C2C, followed the instructions on where to put the mod and loaded it from the "Load a mod"-section. Now, after the game restarts, as it should, I get this (see attachment).

My question is, is this supposed to be happening?

Attachments

• isitsupposedtolooklikethis.jpg
    isitsupposedtolooklikethis.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 143
Nope, something is wrong.
Can you post here full path where you installed caveman2cosmos?

On the steam version you have if you install from steam it installs the mod inside a duplicate Caveman2Cosmos folder inside the bts mods folder. This is a problem... it needs to only have the one Caveman2Cosmos folder - the second layer screws it up so you'll have to cut it out by hand by cut/pasting the mod contents into the next level up and deleting the 2nd Caveman2Cosmos folder shell.

On the steam version you have if you install from steam it installs the mod inside a duplicate Caveman2Cosmos folder inside the bts mods folder. This is a problem... it needs to only have the one Caveman2Cosmos folder - the second layer screws it up so you'll have to cut it out by hand by cut/pasting the mod contents into the next level up and deleting the 2nd Caveman2Cosmos folder shell.

I actually figured that out before I read this, so now the mod is up and running. What happened was basically, as you said it, the game bypassed the contents folder, and picked up only a config and ini.bak file, everytime I told it to run the mod.

Top Bottom