Graphics reskin help

Skaz881

History Major
So I was inspired by Horem's awesome work and decided to try my hand at resource reskinning, and I decided to try and reskin dye to look like lavender. Well, while I think the color is ok, it looks ugly and I don't know how to just change the blue part, which was what I wanted to do but ended up recoloring the whole thing. Could someone tell me what I did wrong? Also for some reason my reskin of incense won't show up, I changed all of the names and all of the values but myrrh still looks like regular incense!

Attachments

• resource_lavender_diff.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 22
What graphics program are you using, and what technique did you use?

You just need to make a selection before you start recoloring. In Photoshop, I use the magic wand selection tool a lot: find a good tolerance, and make multiple selections by Shift-clicking, subtracting selections by Alt-clicking.

In Photoshop, there's Select > Color Range, but I find that technique frustrating.

Nutty's photoshop way is same way I do it in Paint.net :) , take a it of getting used too. In Paint.net also have conditional Hue/Saturation which lets you add or mix a specific colour into whatever your working on, I find this very helpful.

I was using paint.net

Well since Horem made a beautiful lavender, I will use his, but now I.m having a weird problem. My recolored Myrrh won't show up, the Incense graphic does instead! I changed all of the gr2 files to use the new graphics so I don't understand what I did wrong.

Yeah I just went back and realized that's what I forgot to do *facepalms*

Top Bottom