AI Wars

Gunnaka

Chieftain
I see lots of posts talking about many of the AI civs being taken out before you meet them. However, in all my games, I very, very rarely even see AI civs take eachothers capitals at all. All their wars consist of is a bit of back and forth unit killing, and then peace.

The only time this happens is if I help, or if one civilization is totally and absolutely dominating the others in their numbers.

I see lots of posts talking about many of the AI civs being taken out before you meet them. However, in all my games, I very, very rarely even see AI civs take eachothers capitals at all. All their wars consist of is a bit of back and forth unit killing, and then peace.

The only time this happens is if I help, or if one civilization is totally and absolutely dominating the others in their numbers.

What difficulty do you play on? I started on Prince, spent some time on King, and just recently moved up to Emperor. It was pretty infrequent for AI civs to take each other out on King, but I've seen it quite a few times in my recent Emperor games.

~R~

Ah, might be it then, go between Prince and King, depending on settings.

So the higher difficulties make it more frequent? That's actually what I was thinking.

Well, that's been my experience anyway. I suspect it has more to do with a city's inherent strength (especially after G&K) as compared to the reletive incompetence of AI offenses, and the increase in number of AI units as difficulty increases than any actual increase in AI tactics or strategy.

~R~

I just had this immortal game where three capitals were taken before 0 AD. All by different people.

My first game in Gods & Kings, I decided to play with all the new civs so I could meet them. I reached the other continent and found that the Huns had destroyed Ethiopia. I still haven't run into them in any game.

Top Bottom