Deity "Challange" - Viking fury!

Gustavus Rex

Prince
Hello comrade fanatics!

I just played a fun and pretty challenging map (I'm no deity player though.) with one of my favorite civilizations - Denmark!

I'd like to see what you pro's do with it! :)

Settings:

Denmark, deity, continents, standard size, standard speed, ancient start, random temperature, random rainfall, random sea level and standard luxuries.

Raging barbarians is on and all wonder and civilization DLC is required. (no map packs I think but they might have snuck in...)

This is were you start:

Spoiler :

Go nuts!!

Attachments

• Harald Bluetooth_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    836.9 KB · Views: 88
I've tried this, and this map was actually quite fun.

Spoiler :

SP: liberty free settler - honor open - liberty finish - honor right 2 - rationalism opener and secularism - honor right 3 / autocracy

tech: mining - archery - pottery - etc

BO: scout - monument - archer - scout - archer - shrine - granary - archers/settlers

stole 2-3 worker from ottoman, and 2 from the CS southeast of cap.

built 6 cities. Took ottoman cap around t90, eliminate korea after, and took sweden cap around t150.

simple CB-Xbow domination. UA was amazing - I loved it.

met other civs in the other continent after taking sweden cap. Took his 2nd city and gave it to byz.

Since ottoman was getting back and trying to backstab me at any time, I used my veterans to clear out ottoman first. I went for industrialization before dynamite, as I needed ideology for happiness. I easily wiped out 3 cities and killed ottoman completely. After that, I launched a surprise attack (around t180) to maya and steamrolled.

stopped playing there, as it was just a matter of time to finish them up. around t220 domination is likely, if I continued to play.

@glory7 - Impressive as always! I struggled for survival all game long myself.

I'm curios about your liberty/honor mix.

Questions:

-How many cities before NC? Any other national wonders?

-Did you get pantheon/religion?

-Did you use Berserkers?

-Did you build any wonders yourself?

-What GP did you pick in liberty?

@glory7 - Impressive as always! I struggled for survival all game long myself.

I'm curios about your liberty/honor mix.

Questions:

-How many cities before NC? Any other national wonders?

-Did you get pantheon/religion?

-Did you use Berserkers?

-Did you build any wonders yourself?

-What GP did you pick in liberty?

Spoiler :

After free settler policy, I built 4 more (so 6 cities including cap). 2nd city NE of cap (between salt and silk), 3rd city east coast (horse, dear, 2 crabs, stone - north of ottoman cap), 4th city on marble (SE of cap), 5th city NW of cap (near +6 hammer wonder, coastal), 6th city right north of Seoul, on copper.

I used liberty finisher GE to rush NC.

Berserkers - I used some of them, but not main units.

Yes, I got earth one (+1 faith for salt, iron, copper). religion: +1 happy from shrine, tithe, religious community, 30% more spread. All religious buildings were gone.

I built very late pyramid at the 4th city (just b/c nobody built it) and also late machu pichu at Busan (korea 2nd city). Nothing else - didn't have a chance and didn't need to.

@glory7

Cool! More questions. :)

-What turn do you finish NC?

-Do you build barracks? If so, when?

-Did you use trade routes for early science?

-Do you keep units in cities all the time for the honor-bonus or use them all in battle?

@Gus

I forgot, but it was when I finished liberty (after honor opener) and I had no culture CS available, so say t100? not sure.

After CB rush, built rax for cap and one production city. After honor right 3 (hammer bonus) built armory and military academy so that I can get happiness from autocracy policy later.

I didn't really have a chance. I was at war with ottoman for a long time, and after taking his cap, sci boost from him was not really worth it.

My forward city (in front of seoul) attracted 2 caravans from Korea, and they were helpful. Yet, I knew that I am going to attack him soon, so I used all my caravans to food boost.

-Do you keep units in cities all the time for the honor-bonus or use them all in battle?

Yes. You produce scouts so that they stay in each city to get 1 happy and 2 culture bonus. amphitheater/opera house gives only 1 cpt... so these scouts are certainly worth it. You need your veterans to fight.

@Gus

I forgot, but it was when I finished liberty (after honor opener) and I had no culture CS available, so say t100? not sure.

After CB rush, built rax for cap and one production city. After honor right 3 (hammer bonus) built armory and military academy so that I can get happiness from autocracy policy later.

I didn't really have a chance. I was at war with ottoman for a long time, and after taking his cap, sci boost from him was not really worth it.

My forward city (in front of seoul) attracted 2 caravans from Korea, and they were helpful. Yet, I knew that I am going to attack him soon, so I used all my caravans to food boost.

Yes. You produce scouts so that they stay in each city to get 1 happy and 2 culture bonus. amphitheater/opera house gives only 1 cpt... so these scouts are certainly worth it. You need your veterans to fight.

Ah! Didn't think scouts worked. Thanks for the tips! It will shape up my honor games big time!

Top Bottom