10 player Civ5 BNW lan-party tomorrow, some questions

Beratio

Chieftain
Hi people

A friend of mine is hosting a civ5-bnw LAN-party tomorrow, so here's a few questions (please keep in mind that most of the players have only played 1 or 2 short games, 2 or 3 players have played more than 100 hours):

• Is this possible with 10 players? I've seen some threads online complaining of lag when playing with more than 10 players. (although these were dated 2011) Are there any recommended settings? (I guess playing over LAN is better than hosting an online game.)

• I was recommended the communitas map pack. Does everybody need to install this or just the host?

• What are the most enjoyable game options when playing with this many people? We have about 20 hours to complete the game. I was thinking Hybrid Mode, quick or standard (does standard allow for more turns during the same eras, ie more options for warfare?) ; and disabling the time victory (any others, maybe diplomatic?).

• AI Players? City States? Teams? Also, is there any solution for people that get killed early on? Can they take over an AI?

• Our gaming group loves backstabbing, so how can we maximize everyone's opportunities to backstab?

• Lastly, multiplayer strategies: what are some of the best multiplayer civs and strategies that will help me crush my friends? (I was thinking Japan for it's awesome UA, or Assyria for a strong early game)
Thx!

Top Bottom