A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noted and thanks. However as it stands, regardless of their unpredictable behavior, trade routes (whether internal or external) were a significant asset for the players economy and this step has now compromised wonders like the the great lighthouse, which gave 2 extra trade routes per city immediately upon construction. This significant wonder allowed archipeligo based civs to compete with inland civs that though the latter would normally end up getting the upper hand, unless declared war upon.

So my question to you is, are there any plans to boost wonders that gave extra trade routes (great lighthouse, petra, chichen itza, naugalism shrine) to accommodate for this change?

I would strongly suggest playing and taking notes of your recommendations. Then post them here.

Noted and thanks. However as it stands, regardless of their unpredictable behavior, trade routes (whether internal or external) were a significant asset for the players economy and this step has now compromised wonders like the the great lighthouse, which gave 2 extra trade routes per city immediately upon construction. This significant wonder allowed archipeligo based civs to compete with inland civs that though the latter would normally end up getting the upper hand, unless declared war upon.

So my question to you is, are there any plans to boost wonders that gave extra trade routes (great lighthouse, petra, chichen itza, naugalism shrine) to accommodate for this change?

All wonders affected by the TR removal were already rebalanced a long time ago. The discussion thread on the topic details the exact changes.

All wonders affected by the TR removal were already rebalanced a long time ago. The discussion thread on the topic details the exact changes.
Personally I am wary of this rebalancing for reasons I already mentioned (the wonders give delayed + conditional benefits). If I spawn on a semi continent by myself, I can no longer build these wonders to have internal trade routes since they now require being connected to another civ to return any benefits. Further to this, imagine that one is sharing a continent with another civ, and is connected to the latter, what happens when a war breaks out? Do you lose the benefits?

I would strongly suggest playing and taking notes of your recommendations. Then post them here.
Well without going into too much detail, the least I would do is make a change so that they give immediate economic benefits. Perhaps something in the line of extra :gold: or whatnot.

Personally I am wary of this rebalancing for reasons I already mentioned (the wonders give delayed + conditional benefits).

If we are being personal, personally I don't care. ;)

If I spawn on a semi continent by myself, I can no longer build these wonders to have internal trade routes since they now require being connected to another civ to return any benefits. Further to this, imagine that one is sharing a continent with another civ, and is connected to the latter, what happens when a war breaks out? Do you lose the benefits?

You still have domestic connectedness. Connectedness is broken into two distinct categories, foreign and domestic. If you had read the connectedness discussion thread, or played a game, this would have been obvious.

Well without going into too much detail, the least I would do is make a change so that they give immediate economic benefits. Perhaps something in the line of extra :gold: or whatnot.

They do give immediate benefits, you are misinformed.

Hello everyone!

I just keep receiving this message.
I hope you can read it, because I had to take a photo of my screen, 'cause with the "print" button it didn't work (it took a picture of desura window instead of the game)

Hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance!:)

Attachments

• 20141023_160629.jpg
    20141023_160629.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2014-10-23 17.00.15.jpg
    2014-10-23 17.00.15.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 54
Hello everyone!

I just keep receiving this message.
I hope you can read it, because I had to take a photo of my screen, 'cause with the "print" button it didn't work (it took a picture of desura window instead of the game)

Hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance!:)

Thanks for the report. I need a bit more information to track it down and fix it. Specifically, I need the python logs from you. Here's how to get them:

Load the civilization.ini (from Documents/My Games/BeyondTheSword).

Find the section in the civilization that mentions PythonLogging and Python Errors. Set all of those to 1.

It should look like this:
Code:
HidePythonExceptions = 0
ShowPythonDebugMsgs = 1
LoggingEnabled = 1
MessageLog = 1

Restart your game and load the save you are having this error. Play until you see another error. Then upload your PythonError and PythonDebug log files from Documents/My Games/BeyondTheSword/Logs to this thread. :)

Thanks for the report. I need a bit more information to track it down and fix it. Specifically, I need the python logs from you. Here's how to get them:

Find the section in the civilization that mentions PythonLogging and Python Errors. Set all of those to 1.

Code:
HidePythonExceptions = 0
ShowPythonDebugMsgs = 1
LoggingEnabled = 1
MessageLog = 1

Restart your game and load the save you are having this error. Play until you see another error. Then upload your PythonError and PythonDebug log files from Documents/My Games/BeyondTheSword/Logs to this thread. :)

Ok Thanks a lot for the quick and kind answer!

Code:
HidePythonExceptions = 0
ShowPythonDebugMsgs = 1
LoggingEnabled = 1
MessageLog = 1

Ok in my .ini file , I couldn't find the "showpythondebugsmsgs", anyway, I hope what I've got is enough for you

Python error 1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager", line 24, in onCityAcquired
File "EnhancedTechConquest", line 160, in onCityAcquired
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

Python error 2

sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
load_module CvEventInterface
load_module BugEventManager
load_module CvEventManager
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvScreensInterface
load_module CvMainInterface
load_module ScreenInput
load_module CvScreenEnums
load_module time
load_module BugDll
load_module BugOptions
load_module BugConfig
load_module BugCore
load_module BugUtil
load_module BugPath
load_module BugConfigTracker
load_module ColorUtil
load_module BugInit
load_module BugTypes
load_module xmllib
..\WARLORDS\ASSETS\PYTHON\SYSTEM\xmllib.py:9: DeprecationWarning: The xmllib module is obsolete. Use xml.sax instead.
19:23:42 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering xml handler BugConfig.RootHandler
19:23:42 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering bug handler BugConfig.BugHandler
19:23:42 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering load handler BugConfig.LoadHandler
19:23:42 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering config handler BugConfig.ConfigHandler
19:23:42 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering arg handler BugConfig.ArgHandler
load_module configobj
load_module __future__
load_module codecs
load_module validate
validate import failed
load_module RevInstances
load_module BugOptionsScreen
load_module BugErrorOptionsTab
load_module BugOptionsTab
load_module BugHelp
load_module Popup
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Core
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod MainInterface
load_module CityUtil
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod NJAGC
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Scores
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod CityScreen
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Revolution
load_module ReligionUtil
load_module FontUtil
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod PLE
load_module Scoreboard
load_module DealUtil
load_module PlayerUtil
load_module TradeUtil
load_module DiplomacyUtil
load_module AttitudeUtil
load_module GameUtil
load_module BugUnitPlot
load_module MonkeyTools
load_module PyHelpers
load_module UnitUtil
load_module ReminderEventManager
load_module SdToolKit
load_module BugData
load_module cPickle
load_module autolog
load_module CvModName
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Autolog
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Reminder
load_module CvAppInterface
load_module GGUtil
load_module GPUtil
load_module ProgressBarUtil
load_module PLE
load_module AStarTools
load_module CvMADNukesManager
load_module math
load_module RawYields
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod RoMSettings
load_module CvTechChooser
load_module TechPrefs
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Advisors
load_module CvForeignAdvisor
load_module CvExoticForeignAdvisor
load_module IconGrid_BUG
load_module DomPyHelpers
load_module TechTree
load_module FavoriteCivicDetector
load_module CvReligionScreen
load_module CvCorporationScreen
load_module CvCivicsScreen
load_module CvVictoryScreen
load_module TechUtil
load_module CvEspionageAdvisor
load_module SpyUtil
load_module BugScreen
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BetterEspionage
load_module CvOptionsScreen
load_module CvReplayScreen
load_module CvHallOfFameScreen
load_module CvDanQuayle
load_module CvGameUtils
load_module CvUnVictoryScreen
load_module CvDawnOfMan
load_module Buffy
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BUFFY
load_module GameSetUpCheck
load_module AutoSave
load_module MapFinder
load_module MapFinderStatusScreen
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod MapFinder
19:23:42 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod AutoSave
load_module CvTechSplashScreen
load_module CvTopCivs
load_module random
load_module CvInfoScreen
load_module CvIntroMovieScreen
load_module CvVictoryMovieScreen
load_module CvWonderMovieScreen
load_module CvEraMovieScreen
load_module CvSpaceShipScreen
load_module SevoScreenEnums
load_module CvWorldBuilderScreen
load_module CvWorldBuilderDiplomacyScreen
load_module CvDebugTools
load_module CvDebugInfoScreen
load_module CvMapGeneratorUtil
load_module CvGFCScreen
load_module CvPopupInterface
load_module CvScreenUtilsInterface
load_module CvOverlayScreenUtils
load_module CvDotMapOverlayScreen
load_module CvStrategyOverlay
19:23:43 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod StrategyOverlay
19:23:43 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod CustDomAdv
19:23:43 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod TechWindow
init-ing world builder screen
load_module CvWBPopups
load_module CvCameraControls
load_module CvAdvisorUtils
load_module InputUtil
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugUtil - extending BugEventManager.preGameStart instead CvAppInterface
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PreGameStart'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'BeginActivePlayerTurn'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'SwitchHotSeatPlayer'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'LanguageChanged'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'ResolutionChanged'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PythonReloaded'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitUpgraded'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitCaptured'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatWithdrawal'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatRetreat'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogCollateral'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogFlanking'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'playerRevolution'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'addTeam'
19:23:43 DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
PY:OnInit

How can I upload the Python debug? Is a quite a long one...

Yep, that is everything I need. I will look into it tonight. Next time, you can zip those files up and attach then instead of making a long post, but no harm. ;)

Not sure it's related but I've got some python warning when I switched from a previous revision to the one where I've modified true/false statements. They didn't cause any problem and I've not seen them again anyway. Sorry I don't have logs but I've assumed they were only warnings caused by those minor changes in python

45°38'N-13°47'E;13517597 said:
Not sure it's related but I've got some python warning when I switched from a previous revision to the one where I've modified true/false statements. They didn't cause any problem and I've not seen them again anyway. Sorry I don't have logs but I've assumed they were only warnings caused by those minor changes in python

It's not related, because the user's log from 2 posts up has the error trace very clearly:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager", line 24, in onCityAcquired
File "EnhancedTechConquest", line 160, in onCityAcquired
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

Some more bugs, some inherited from BTS for you, if you are bored.

1) Cultural Victory (Legendary Cities) in Victory Screen is based on player, when it should be based on team.

2) Screenshot 1
Top Panel for low resolution screens, 1024 x 768

3) Screenshot 2
Gave myself 2 of each resource using my WB, as expected, the surplus resources go out of screen.

4) Screenshot 3
Fully promoted units cannot see any useful data

P.S.
All based on download version, since you know i won't bother to download svn programs :D

Attachments

• Bug 1.JPG
    Bug 1.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Bug 2.JPG
    Bug 2.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Bug 3.JPG
    Bug 3.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 104
One thing I've asked about is the "stacked" - for lack of a better word - promotions in C2C and some other mods, where you have Combat I and Combat II, but only the 'highest' promotion of that line is visibile on the unit page. So the effects of both will be there, but only Combat II's icon will be shown. Taking Combat III will do the same - replace II's icon but the effects are still there.

Makes for a much tidier unit promotion panel ^^

Sulphur was removed but still present in some scenario map scripts such as Antarctica and Australia and New Zealand

If we are being personal, personally I don't care. ;)
No need to get petty on me, i'm only trying to help out here ;)

You still have domestic connectedness. Connectedness is broken into two distinct categories, foreign and domestic.
Well THAT I did not know and it certainly is not obvious in game. This was the crux of what I was arguing about - the absence of immediate (domestic) connectivity, and thus immediate benefits for building TR based wonders. Now that this has been clarified I have nothing left to add and i'll leave this issue to rest.

If you check the place where TRs used to be listed, you can find domestic and foreign connectedness. If, on the other hand, you don't know where TR data used to be found, that rather builds into the point of removing them. :)

If you check the place where TRs used to be listed, you can find domestic and foreign connectedness. If, on the other hand, you don't know where TR data used to be found, that rather builds into the point of removing them. :)
Is it under the economic adviser (F2) or on the top left of the city screen?

Top left of the city screen. It should even list the amount of cities which fall into each category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom