CiV hits 91k players on steam!

Ermak-

Prince
CiV takes number 2 spot on steam right after the DOTA geeks (who have no life)! This is unheard of on steam as a whole. Top spots are usually dominated by arcade-like Team Fortress and Counter strike and other mind-numbing games. The fact that strategy game took rubbing shoulders with WOW is pretty impressive. Just this spring the usuall count was from 20k-40k, and now after all these sales the rooms are full with noob-Hogs clugging the system. I just hope that at least some select few come to rise to a competitive level..:crazyeye:

that isn't really 91k strategy gamers

just a bunch of people pretending to rule an empire :)

bet they can't even beat prince

that isn't really 91k strategy gamers

just a bunch of people pretending to rule an empire :)

bet they can't even beat prince

And this is bad because...?

Not everybody like to melt his brain at trying to win. Some people like to have fun while playing a game they like.

I can beat deity, I did it once, found it boring and now im playing prince. Yes I win everytime, so what? I have fun doing it, and that is all that matter.

Not everybody like to melt his brain at trying to win. Some people like to have fun while playing a game they like.

I can beat deity, I did it once, found it boring and now im playing prince. Yes I win everytime, so what? I have fun doing it, and that is all that matter.

Its bad because the game is developed for people who can't win on warlord difficulty+. Hence the AI sucks, multiplayer gets little attention and when it does its filled with glitches, range units are overpowered but go unnoticed by the community because most people still believe the most efficient army is a balanced one.

OP compared tf players with civplayers as mind nimbling geeks vs thinking strategist, while it is not true since most people play civ to enjoy pretending theybuild empires and roleplaying in their mind.

I bet if any top 30% player from dota2 will spend like 20 hours in civV (2-3 full games), he would win 99.9% of any civplayers cause they are taught to be competetive, to analyze what is best and to win.

Not really sure why this thread is in mp forum ..

Yes out of these 91k there are proly 6 clever ones and 5 of them proly play mp

Yes I wish steam actually posted stats for people actually playing MP not just playing SP in online mode. Those stats would be meaningful.

CS

Top Bottom