Help I have a bug--Dales Combat mod

SoldierCrush

Chieftain
Well I bought this game and then learned about dales ww2 experience. OMG this is the greatest game since....I will just use sliced bread lol. Road to War

I have all updates and patches.

January 1 1939

I move about 10 subs out of my German Coastal city and stack attack a big english navy. The fight proceeds and then I can do nothing. I have to alt f4 because I can no longer do anything related to issuing commmands to any unit, although my subs are still selected.

So I restart and when I load that saved game immediatly before my turn is over, I am back in the same position but this time I have absolutley no boxes or info screens to select from.

So, I reload a new older save and it works. So I immediatly reload the most recent save that did not work and this time it works, but the game either crashed or I am back at starting point.

I am going to try attackin 1 sub at a time but I figured this might be something someone is familiar with, I have been playing and comspiring the death of the sissy allies for three years, if my game is crashed now, I will be much sadness.

I can attach the save if needed.

BTW THANKS DALE You rock for making this mod, and I mean you rock. Great, superb, fantastic work!!!!

Moderator Action: Moved to the Road to War forum.

BTW, Road to War is not the same as Dale's Combat Mod. In any case, you'll get the best support here. Welcome to CFC! :beer:

Well I bought this game and then learned about dales ww2 experience. OMG this is the greatest game since....I will just use sliced bread lol. Road to War

I have all updates and patches.

January 1 1939

I move about 10 subs out of my German Coastal city and stack attack a big english navy. The fight proceeds and then I can do nothing. I have to alt f4 because I can no longer do anything related to issuing commmands to any unit, although my subs are still selected.

So I restart and when I load that saved game immediatly before my turn is over, I am back in the same position but this time I have absolutley no boxes or info screens to select from.

So, I reload a new older save and it works. So I immediatly reload the most recent save that did not work and this time it works, but the game either crashed or I am back at starting point.

I am going to try attackin 1 sub at a time but I figured this might be something someone is familiar with, I have been playing and conspiring the death of the sissy allies for three years, if my game is crashed now, I will be much sadness.

I attached the game save, just end turn and then attack with subs in the city from the north sea

BTW THANKS DALE You rock for making this mod, and I mean you rock. Great, superb, fantastic work!!!!

Attachments

• Soulj AD-1939-September-Fortnight 1save just in case.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 102
Hi SoldierCrush, welcome to CFC. :)

Is this playing with BtS patch 3.17 + RtW Add-on Pack 3 beta3?

If not, I strongly suggest updating, or wait a few days for the next full release (start of next week). :)

I am playing Road to War
confusing --been at it only about 6-7 days this whole civ 4 thing, slept little lol

I am using civ version 317
build 3.13.1 (104717)

IF i update will my current save work

can u please link the updates

thank you very much

January 1 1939

I move about 10 subs out of my German Coastal city and stack attack a big english navy. The fight proceeds and then I can do nothing.

I don't know about your other problems, but when you get stuck with that you just need to have patience. That happened with me all the time, it sounds like you just decided not to wait the 30-60 seconds needed for it to sort out a large stack battle.

My advice would be to download the most recent version of RtW. Addon Pack 3 Beta 3

EDIT: Updating Civ IV itself Will Not update Road to War.

Here's the download page. Don't forget to download the updated maps as well.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280518

naw i as a bug that i repeated with a save game over and over again, it seemd to deal with subs and 1 other time.

I basically just attacked one at a time with subs.

It does not matter though cause i was nub and had not updated RTW.

So needless to say I dominated the whole game but I did worry about the ruskies, they did have quite a large stack of units that took me about 8 turns to destroy.

I will be playing a full game again when i can come up the the mental energy. 3 days of RTW was like 3 days of actual combat, I was EXHAUSTED.

What an amazing game.

I think if more ww2 gamers knew about RTW you could sell a million copies.

naw i as a bug that i repeated with a save game over and over again, it seemd to deal with subs and 1 other time.

I basically just attacked one at a time with subs.

It does not matter though cause i was nub and had not updated RTW.

So needless to say I dominated the whole game but I did worry about the ruskies, they did have quite a large stack of units that took me about 8 turns to destroy.

I will be playing a full game again when i can come up the the mental energy. 3 days of RTW was like 3 days of actual combat, I was EXHAUSTED.

What an amazing game.

I think if more ww2 gamers knew about RTW you could sell a million copies.

:Den.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_iron_2:D

Top Bottom