AI has more tourism than me but no influential civs?

Chemical Toilet

Chieftain
I have 325 tourism and 3 out of 5 influential civs.

The Celts have 418 tourism and no influential civs.

What gives? Shouldn't they be the one with all of the influence?

I have open boarders with everyone except the Celts and Mongolia (although my culture is dominant over Mongolia's), The world ideology is order. I'm order, the Celts are autocracy.

Sooooo what' up with that?

I have 325 tourism and 3 out of 5 influential civs.

The Celts have 418 tourism and no influential civs.

What gives? Shouldn't they be the one with all of the influence?

I have open boarders with everyone except the Celts and Mongolia (although my culture is dominant over Mongolia's), The world ideology is order. I'm order, the Celts are autocracy.

Sooooo what' up with that?

You may have higher modifiers (due to world or shared ideology, trade routes, etc).

Also tourism is cumulative; perhaps Celts were at a pretty low tourism most of the game and recently shot up.

You may have higher modifiers (due to world or shared ideology, trade routes, etc).

Also tourism is cumulative; perhaps Celts were at a pretty low tourism most of the game and recently shot up.

You may be on to something. Last time I checked their tourism was much, much lower. This is actually the first game I've had with someone with higher tourism than me. They are embargoed and CSs are also embargoed.

But there is a possibility he could quickly become influential with other civs over time, since it's cumulative?

You may be on to something. Last time I checked their tourism was much, much lower. This is actually the first game I've had with someone with higher tourism than me. They are embargoed and CSs are also embargoed.

But there is a possibility he could quickly become influential with other civs over time, since it's cumulative?

There is, but depends on how many turns are left and what their totals so far are. You can see the exact numbers in the Culture window for each civ.

Another way a civ can have high tourism is if they get first place in International Games production --- that would also boost their tourism 100%, but for just 20 turns.

Its not hard to check. Go to the influence by player screen and pick them from the dropdown. If they are "rising" with some civs, you can mouse over it and the tooltip will say how long it will take them to become influential assuming all things stay the same.

Top Bottom