Egypt just went ape ip in my game

godman85

Warlord
emperor 14 civ pangea epic speed.

Egypt went absolutely insane.

They got 16 cities and still expanding. THEY ARE NOT GOING FOR WONDER SPAM. They found everyone first and foudned world congress. Their culture is banging.

Their science is slghtly lower then mines due to their massive population. Their average population per city is 11. LIKE WTF.

They beebn manipulating people into being chain denounced, then easily conquering their most lucrative areas.

Once I noticed Egypt becoming a run away, i decided to change up my whole strategy.

I went for science hardcore and didn't expand. I maintained a huge army and took all the wonders that boost science so he couldn't leapfrog me. I now have a science lead and the second i hit artillery i am going in hard on him. I have to destroy him utterly QUICK. Every loves him and me so lines will be drawn. Luckily he has no defensive pacts with others so if I play my cards right, i might be able to survive the political madness that will follow shortly after declaring war.

This is my only chance to stop him. He literally has been running the entire world for 2 eras now and expanded so much, he ha a modern roman empire O_O

I think the passive AI problem existed because of a bug. Go to your dlc options and turn off GnK. I think they conflict and make the AI passive. The second I turned it off, the next game was pure madness and I am deeply relieved.

I think the passive AI problem existed because of a bug. Go to your dlc options and turn off GnK. I think they conflict and make the AI passive. The second I turned it off, the next game was pure madness and I am deeply relieved.

This will disable the GNK civs though.

I experienced the same. I was playing as Assyria and going for some early warmongering. My only problem was egypt, which by turn 200 or so had all available world wonders, 7 cities and an army that was way stronger than mine. Well... I lost due to some Luxury Bans -.-

Nah that's not it. I have both expansions enabled and Assyria/Khan have turned half the world into a wasteland full of pillaged tiles/razed cities. And we are only just entering Industrial Era.

That's pretty crazy with Egypt though, Washington is in the same situation in my game(minus having 15 cities). He gets whatever he wants out of the WC, which right now is science funding.(I think he's trying to slow down my cultural victory).

They found everyone first and foudned world congress. Their culture is banging.
This is my only chance to stop him. He literally has been running the entire world for 2 eras now and expanded so much, he ha a modern roman

Doesn't this just go along with your theory that the AI is not really effective until late game?

I'm still not seeing this lack of AI aggression you've been touting. My first game, Poland ate up Assyria and Portugal. My second game, the Aztecs declared war on me early (they spawned right next to me), and since Sweden ate the Aztecs, Gustav later declared war on me TWICE. Luckily, I managed to sneak a couple Great Musicians into his borders during the second war to eke out a Cultural victory. In the same game, the Huns ate Persia, and Sweden started nibbling at the Huns as well.

I'm still not seeing this lack of AI aggression you've been touting. My first game, Poland ate up Assyria and Portugal. My second game, the Aztecs declared war on me early (they spawned right next to me), and since Sweden ate the Aztecs, Gustav later declared war on me TWICE. Luckily, I managed to sneak a couple Great Musicians into his borders during the second war to eke out a Cultural victory. In the same game, the Huns ate Persia, and Sweden started nibbling at the Huns as well.

i think it was a glitch with having GnK and BNM active at the same time. Every single game with both active were borefest.

The second i disabled GnK, games got real.

Also not noticing that lack of aggressiveness last few games I tried. Got really stomped with Brazil like three maps in a row now, by Assyria, Mongols and Spain (they had Rock of Gibraltar in their second city, LOL) in the first 80 turns of the game or so. Those were all on Deity, so idk about lower difficulties.

Top Bottom