Need help with replacing dialogue xmls

nokmirt

Emperor
Is there an easy way to replace an original civs dialogue xml? I wanted to add some of the dialogues from created civs, in place of the original ones for my WWI mod.

"Easy"? Easier than doing <Update>'s to the <Language_en_US> pseudo-table for each of the Tags you want to change?

Yes exactly. I am lazy lol :D

Seriously though could this be done with Lua?

I might be able to write some SQL to make it easier, but you haven't really given us anything to work with other than "some" dialog texts.

"All" of the texts from a given set is easy, even "most" is OK. "A few" might work, but "some" ... Well, that tends to be hard to automate. [emoji14]

Seriously though could this be done with Lua?

You could change the text after the fact with Lua, but I don't see why unless you'd want to get real specific about various relationships under various conditions where the base game doesn't provide fine-grained enough differences. See, e.g., Dynamic 2D Leaderscenes.

You could change the text after the fact with Lua, but I don't see why unless you'd want to get real specific about various relationships under various conditions where the base game doesn't provide fine-grained enough differences. See, e.g., Dynamic 2D Leaderscenes.

It is ok Nutty I think I'll just leave things alone for now. What I may do later is just update the texts for first greetings and some war responses. Thanks for your help though.

Top Bottom