Building_YieldChangesPerPop

awesomejj101

Chieftain
How does this work exactly?

I want to field gold for every 2 citizens but there is no section to manipulate that...

<Building_YieldChangesPerPop>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_GAS</BuildingType>
<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
<Yield>1</Yield>
</Building_YieldChangesPerPop>

How does this work exactly?

I want to field gold for every 2 citizens but there is no section to manipulate that...

<BuildingType>BUILDING_GAS</BuildingType>
<Yield>1</Yield>

Code:
		<!-- "50" means 1/2 of 1 yield per turn per population -->
		<!-- Science, Food, Gold, and Production can be used in this table -->
		<!-- entries in this table only affect the city where the building was constructed -->
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_NEW_BUILDING</BuildingType>
			<YieldType>YIELD_SCIENCE</YieldType>
			<Yield>50</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
			<Yield>50</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
			<Yield>50</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>50</Yield>
		</Row>

Do keep in mind that you cannot use Building_YieldChangesPerPop for :c5culture: Culture or :c5faith: Faith - you will need to use the Unified Yields API (incorporated into Whoward's DLL project), or write your own functions in the DLL (using C++).

Do keep in mind that you cannot use Building_YieldChangesPerPop for :c5culture: Culture or :c5faith: Faith - you will need to use the Unified Yields API (incorporated into Whoward's DLL project), or write your own functions in the DLL (using C++).
That was why the comment about which yields can be used. Doesn't hurt to re-iterate, though. Lots of mods on steam workshop have Culture and/or Faith in the table without a dll or a cusom lua hook-up for it.

That was why the comment about which yields can be used. Doesn't hurt to re-iterate, though. Lots of mods on steam workshop have Culture and/or Faith in the table without a dll or a cusom lua hook-up for it.

Yep :p. Well, the reason behind why is because:

Code:
Science, Food, Gold, and Production can be used in this table

is often overlooked and not interpreted as only these 4 yields can be used if one is skimming through the text.

Yep :p. Well, the reason behind why is because:

Code:
Science, Food, Gold, and Production can be used in this table

is often overlooked and not interpreted as only these 4 yields can be used if one is skimming through the text.
It's actually a direct copy of a portion of a template I provide as part of my guide to buildings. Firaxis provided no such instructions -- they just expected everyone to "intuit". I probably should have just direct linked to the appropriate post of that guide to buildings: 3rd section of this post of this thread.

Top Bottom