Wow, Japan is broke.

In my current game (King difficulty) Japan spawned about 9 tiles away from my capital. Idiot founded his second city all the way on the other side of the continent. By turn 100, Polynesia had taken that city, and Poland took his others. No one civ is terrible (or awesome) consistently game to game.

He's only strong till industrial era then his AI just falls off and doesn't keep up in science he's a joke afterwards. Anyways he's pretty good before that period like one time he sent an army by foot just to attack me but my Keshiks beat him up good.

Why don't you use Japan instead? You're making oda seem like one of those warmongering civilizations such as atilla or shaka that most people are afraid of.

In the interests of saving time, you may want to tell us all the Civs that will cause you to reroll -- so far, it's Shaka and Odo, but I'm sure there are more.

The OP has previously stated in numerous threads that the "broken" civs are the warmongers. Based on the OP's previously mentioned criteria for a warmongering civ, this includes America, Arabia, Assyria, Austria, Aztecs, Babylon, Brazil, Byzantium, Carthage, Celts, China, Denmark, Egypt, England, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Huns, Inca, India, Indonesia, Iroqouis, Japan, Korea, Maya, Mongols, Morocco, Netherlands, Ottoman, Persia, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Rome, Russia, Shoshone, Siam, Songhai, Spain, Sweden, Venice, and Zulu.

I would say that a Warmonger Neighbor means that you are forced to adapt your intended play-style to Domination Tactics. This can be annoying, so I can understand people restarting to play more peacefully.

If I start next to a warmonger, I open honour early and pick a nearby rubbish CS to poach their luxury and milk for promotions. Two archery units can play musical chairs in a citadel, getting range & logistics (a medic really helps, here). Once you get DOW'd, you'll often find you end up with so much momentum and walk over everyone you know; two super Xbows can take preindustrial capitals with little fuss.

Oh and your CS whipping boy? Proximity and quests means they'll probably end up your ally anyway, once you've got bigger prey.

Also if a CS knows the secrets of a broken unit, ally with them. 500 gold every once in a while is a bargain to gain a squadron of Keshik.

The OP has previously stated in numerous threads that the "broken" civs are the warmongers. Based on the OP's previously mentioned criteria for a warmongering civ, this includes America, Arabia, Assyria, Austria, Aztecs, Babylon, Brazil, Byzantium, Carthage, Celts, China, Denmark, Egypt, England, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Huns, Inca, India, Indonesia, Iroqouis, Japan, Korea, Maya, Mongols, Morocco, Netherlands, Ottoman, Persia, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Rome, Russia, Shoshone, Siam, Songhai, Spain, Sweden, Venice, and Zulu.

Are you sure you did not miss any?

Well damn it, I want to reroll every time I play as Venice. All the AI Civs plant cities right up on me. This makes me have to waste early gold to buy plots. *stomps feet* Just not fair the AI trying to win the game!!

Hmmm, you may have missed Bratislava, Brussels, Bucharest, Florence, Kiev, Milan, Monaco, Prague, Kabul, Kathmandu, Kuala Lumpur, Kyzyl, Yerevan, Colombo, Hong Kong, Malacca, Samarkand, Singapore, Tyre, Belgrade, Budapest, Sofia, Valletta, Buenos Aires, Panama City, Quebec City, Vancouver, Cahokia, La Venta, Ragusa, Riga, Antwerp, Genoa, Zurich, Geneva, Vatican City, Wittenberg, Cape Town, Mogadishu, Mombasa, Zanzibar, M'banza Kongo, Ife, Byblos, Manila, Ormus, Ur, Almaty, Hanoi, Sidon, Jerusalem, Lhasa, Kathmandu, Sydney and Melbourne. If he attacked any of these, he would say 'oh, they have infinte units and all 10 pikemen he has die because he sends them in 2 at a time with no ranged support"

Top Bottom