Gauge for Cultural Victory

Yzman

Deity
I'm having a hard time determining how well I am doing with my current cultural victory. This is my first time going for it with the new mechanics.

I am playing as France, the year is 1625, large continents map, prince difficulty ( put it down to test the victory)

I have been peaceful all game except for when I was attacked by Egypt, fought him off fine with very little units. The Zulu have taken 2 player's capitals already on the other continent. I am familiar with all of the people on my starting continent, exotic to Morocco and unknown to Zulu who I have just met.

Is there a time when you should know if you are doing alright with this victory? It just seems like its so hard to get tourism, but I am dominating the other players in terms of it. I am generating around 80 tourism, rest are in single digits. I just need to know if this will be enough.

Also, what should I do with Great musicians? Are they more beneficial as great works or should I do tours with them on the civs that I have lower tourism with?

This victory condition is new to me and confusing me on how well I am doing to be honest.

Also, what should I do with Great musicians? Are they more beneficial as great works or should I do tours with them on the civs that I have lower tourism with?
Opera houses or Broadway. I haven't tried concert tours yet. 80 tourism sounds like a lot. How many AI population is there?

Use you Great Musicians for great works until you have a lot of Tourism. The value of a concert tour is equal to 10x the Tourism that you produced on the turn that the Great Musician was born, so there's no reason to save them for later. Once you have lots of Tourism (300-400), then concert tours are probably worth it.

In my first Culture game, I waited until I had hotels in each city and won the International Games project (+100% Tourism for 20 turns). Then, I bought three Great Musicians with Faith and had one spawn naturally. Those four were enough to win.

Top Bottom