Deity Wonderspam

Sessy

Prince
I've just finished a game with Korea (I know, top tier civ), deity, continents, standard. Eventually went to get a science victory at around T293, after much debate in my head with cultural victory. Very slow, I admit, and could've been much faster if I made better decisions with GSs.

The strange thing was I was able to grab a bunch of wonders. Oracle, Parthenon, Sistine Chapel, Forbidden Palace, Uffizi, Taj Mahal, Porcelain Tower, Broadway, Eiffel Tower, Neuschwanstein, Statue of Liberty, Sydney Opera House, Hubble Space Telescope. Now I know a lot of them aren't that useful for victory, but it was fun to build them. Plus Pocatello proposed world heritage sites.

So I'm wondering, what was the greatest number of wonders you built (not taken from other civs) in a deity game? Maybe we can make it into a challenge or sth.

I am playing Venice on deity right now. Fractal map, everything else standard. I don't know how I did it but I managed colossus, hanging gardens, Petra and mausoleum before entering medieval.
Wassnt even a salt start. I had crabs and copper for lux.

The strange thing was I was able to grab a bunch of wonders. Oracle, Parthenon, Sistine Chapel, Forbidden Palace, Uffizi, Taj Mahal, Porcelain Tower, Broadway, Eiffel Tower, Neuschwanstein, Statue of Liberty, Sydney Opera House, Hubble Space Telescope.
Most of those wonders are not hard to get on Deity, though, especially the ones starting in Modern Era. Parthenon, Sistine, and Uffizi might get snagged by the AI, but it's still not impossible to get, unlike the Great Library (which, btw, is possible on either cooked maps or very lucky starts like that Isabella Ridiculousness thread).

On my way to a culture victory with Sweden (who I think are really underrated) I managed to bag HG, Oracle, Chichen, Hagia, Leaning Tower, Uffizi, Louvre, Eiffel, Statue of Liberty, Cristo Redentor.

It's certainly the most wonders I've had without conquest in any Deity game.

Top Bottom