So now that PAX is over...

jacer21

Chieftain
So now that PAX is over, and there aren't any major events in the near future, when do we get new information on BNW, and how often? Do they just randomly throw something at us once in a while?

Also, I wasn't here for the G&K speculation so I'm kind of new to this stuff.

I would expect a drip-feed of information. We've just found out what will be considered enough to keep us going for about another 10 days, at which point there'll probably will be a couple of screenshots to analyse. That said, it may be that a few online journalists will interview Dennis and Ed at PAX, obtaining maybe a little bit more info.

Well, there are six civs left, two major features to discuss, and two scenarios. Also, unless they answer it during the Q&A, we only have the leaders for two of the civs revealed. There are about 14 weeks to give out info. I would suggest that the two scenarios will be discussed together, but the two features will each have different articles focusing on them (ideologies can be done in print, but I really think archaeology needs a video to truly grasp it).

I would say this points to about four major revelations of information. That means something every three weeks or so. At least, that's how I would approach it. You'll start getting the game review companies writing more in depth reviews and they're going to want something exclusive, so that's how it'll start appearing.

Well, there are six civs left, two major features to discuss, and two scenarios. Also, unless they answer it during the Q&A, we only have the leaders for two of the civs revealed. There are about 14 weeks to give out info. I would suggest that the two scenarios will be discussed together, but the two features will each have different articles focusing on them (ideologies can be done in print, but I really think archaeology needs a video to truly grasp it).

I would say this points to about four major revelations of information. That means something every three weeks or so. At least, that's how I would approach it. You'll start getting the game review companies writing more in depth reviews and they're going to want something exclusive, so that's how it'll start appearing.

We have leaders for all three revealed civs:
Poland-Casamir III
Brazil- Pedro II
Assyria- Ashurbanipal

Also, do they reveal everything before release? I mean, they would have to show the vast majority of things so people have an idea for pre-ordering, etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell us every last detail about the new features.

We have leaders for all three revealed civs:
Poland-Casamir III
Brazil- Pedro II
Assyria- Ashurbanipal

Sorry, I phrased that poorly. I meant of the two civs besides Poland, we only have the leaders revealed.

So the Q and A apparently revealed Assyria's UB and Brazil's UB...what else did it reveal, and is there an online link to the Q and A?

Wondering this as well.

Wow I didn't think we would get anything new there. I was just expecting some clarification on the stuff we did know.

Also, do they reveal everything before release? I mean, they would have to show the vast majority of things so people have an idea for pre-ordering, etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell us every last detail about the new features.

I seem to remember that we got a good look at the tech tree for G&K before release.

GDC is tomorrow, folks.

They have in the past. Very few (if any) surprises have survived to release day.

Yeah, I noticed that a few days ago while driving past the Moscone Center. I live in the city where it is hosted... Sure would be nice if they showed up cause I would like a first-hand look myself. Checking the website no mention of Civilization... though maybe they will surprise us??

Top Bottom