New Wonder: Compass

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
Hi ho,

A wonder called Compass. Coastal installation, +1 ship movement for late ancient or early medieval era. First invented by the Chinese, then acquired by the Europeans and later the Arabs. Splash came out ok, for once!

Have fun,

Ukas

edit: Following Dark Russell's suggestion, I tried bigger centre on the compass in civped icon, liked it and sent it here as an alternative for you fine ppl.

You still need the original file, only civped-large and -small are in 2compass.zip.

Let me sail, let me sail...

Attachments

• Compass.zip
    92.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 2Compass.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 258
its very cool, very cool indeed

but can you explain to me how I can put this into civ (I dont know how to, or how to put civ-specific cities in either)

Thanks guys. "Does not sink" is actually much better idea.

Then it can cause happy faces and culture, like the Chinese used it first for amusing their emperor & court. :lol:

Since you did it in photoshop, you could try putting a layer mask on the compass to make the centre a bit more visible...I think it may add a bit more dimention...or you could leave it the way it is cause it still looks great.

Dark Russell said:
Since you did it in photoshop, you could try putting a layer mask on the compass to make the centre a bit more visible...I think it may add a bit more dimention...or you could leave it the way it is cause it still looks great.

That was a good idea. I followed the Chinese compass idea too strictly with the original. I like the statue is much better now. Didn't use layers with this one, just PS paintbrush, faster that way. :)

Top Bottom