New wonder: The Trilon and The Perisphere

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia

Ozymandias wished this futuristic wonder, the Trilon and the Perisphere of the New York World's Fair of 1939-1940. It's the longest named building I've done so far. What will it do, I wonder...

Have fun,

Ukas

Attachments

• trilon&p.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 298
That building is sure ugly, but the quality of the work is exellent:goodjob:

Yoda Power said:
That building is sure ugly, but the quality of the work is exellent:goodjob:

:lol: I also think the quality is excellent :goodjob: yet am minorly perplexed that I'm the only person who seems to find any aesthetic redeeming value in the beast, um, structure. :scan:

Seriously, though, I like it :love: and thank you much for it!.

@Yoda - check out the original thread, my thoughts on what to use this for are there.

Abraxas,

Oz

ozymandias said:
@Yoda - check out the original thread, my thoughts on what to use this for are there.
Ehm it was Ukas who didn't have any what it should do:p

:lol: "Count to ten ..." as though I'd ever be angry at Yoda! :)

The original idea was / is as follows:

My personal mod begins in the 11th century with the New World in the Stone Age. The tech disparity feels fine up to a certain point -- yet I simply can't imagine basic tech diffusion not occuring beyond Civs trading techs. So, come the invention of the Radio, we have a new wonder, The World's Fair, which basically acts as the Great Library for a limited period of time.

Best To All,

Oz

At the time of the New York World Fair this was the most futuristic thing anyone had ever seen. Even today it is regonized by many, although they don't know the orgin of the building. Ukas you have done it justice. Thanks a lot.

I guess the most famous World's Fair building would be the Eiffel tower, built to perform as the entrance arch for the Paris World's Fair of 1889. It was the tallest human made structure for forty years, losing the title in 1929 to Chrysler building.

Top Bottom