New NES Ideas?

Gelion

Retired Captain
Well it seems that I will have a lot of free time next week. Since Capulet is running my Cold War NES so nicely I thoght I'll start a new one. The thing is I don't want to do anything we don't have already. Not because it is boring, but because its taking players away from those NESes and splits thier attention. I think its unfair. So I want to do something we don't have already. So far I got a couple of ideas:
1. Tolkiens NES (new rules, running, see it for details)
2. Crusades
new rules on economy and so on, a home base in Europe + Middle Eastern Map. Concrete ideas on these are welcome.
3. System Colonisation
USA, India, Arab Alliance, Orthodox Union and Comunist China compete for colonisation of the Solar system. Considering 9 small maps for each planet (10?) or 1 big map for the system. Competition in the fields of rockets (engines, living standarts, armour,, weaponry?), colonisation, colony supply and building and so on. Space UN? Peace and War chater, aliens? Ideas are welcome as well as your opinions on this idea.
4. Mediterannean.
Greek city states, triremem, assirians, the roman legions? Most of our NESes are global I think it would be nice to concentrate on one area only, esp. this area.
5. Medieval NES.
European Medieval NES. Self-explanatory really. But this means only Europe, no Africa or Asia. A true knight-battle!
Thats all so far, but I may think of some more. Whats your opinion? :)

Hex and Provinces NESes... see my ENES 6 Preview thread for more. Ask Roddy for Hexes. A NES with more tangible religion impacts would also be interesting.

Trust me, I have many interesting alternative history ideas. If you want anything like that, then just tell me the relative time period where the NES should be set, and I will spam your PM box with ideas.

Otherwise:

- Space idea is good, but colonising the Solar System isn't very fun. Maybe a nearby system as well?
- Did I ever mention that I really want to play a good WWI NES?
- An idea I have for a world map NES set in nearby future, based somehow on http://pages.prodigy.net/aesir/wcon.htm document. Not entirely, though. At the start, the world is divided into Imperial Domains, Provinces and Subsidiary States. The Imperial Authority is direct in the Imperial Domains and Provinces, however the Imperial Domains are NPC, ran by the Emperor. The Emperor may command parts of the Ecumenical Army as well. He can also appoint Governors to Provinces (well, technically one picks a province to govern, but if he pisses off the Emperor, he can be dismissed. He could try to resist with his loyal troops, but that will not necessarily be enough). Subsidiary States are much more free from the Emperor than the provinces, but nevertheless are under certain amount of control. They can try to rebel, as well. Finally, one can form rebel groups, and fight terrorist and/or guerrila campaigns. Senate intrigue, resistance, rebellions, treachery, terrorism and perhaps the Emperor going bonkers! Now that's a NES for you.

2 ideas that grab my attention at the moment are "space colonisation" and "gods wars". Onto each one of them:
1. Space Colonisation
Various earth nations compete for colonisation of known space. They start of on planet Earth with some resources, rockets and an international space station. Year 2030. Stats include:
Different ships (new engines/armour/weaponry)
Money (plain and simple, used for research, production and trade)
Space Population (equipped and trained ppl working and living in space, used as crew, scientists and so on (soldiers?))
Research Level?
Colonisation takes place on asteroids (where mining of prescious materials occurs), planets (same and colonisation) and space stations.
Rockets have limited fuel so space stations must be used for fueling or other purposes such as research of space monitoring. Map will be subdivided into squares and rockets can move so mcuh per turn.
Research is affected by stories or other things.
Interesting concept: Space has very few laws to technically wars and conflicts are allowed.

"God Wars"
All nations that we rule in NESes have religions and workship Gods. And nations fight for resources. Why shouldn't Gods?
Basically this transforms stadnadrt NES rules to Gods world. Possibly you can create monsters, fight for "God" Territory and so on.
Your power should come from your suporters on Earth. The more believe in you the more powerful you and your "soldiers" are. This proves the calssical Greek statement btw "If ppl believe in Gods they exists, if they don't Gods don't exist" :).

Das, maybe we can work on these two?
Also ppl what are your opinions on this? Even if you are not interested say so. And if you aren't say why.

2030 is alittle early, but otherwise, I wouldn't mind a "space colonization". I believe it should have a map of Earth, the nearby ("playable") space, and as the game goes along, of the more interesting planets (i.e. Earth-like, habitable planets shared by several nations).

I still would preffer something more "earthly", but it's not a bad an idea.

why is it that the future nes's allways have europe as a secondary state? France, Germany and the UK make up massive amounts of the worlds wealth when you consider their size. Europe is also the leader in many scientific fronts and not that far behind teh USA in the space explorations, unfortunate accidents aside. Now dont get me wrong i understand that for centuaries europe is the focus and unless u cut it out or make a alt history but it seems foolish to make india a world power and europe notin the frame lol.

Sorry I just forgot about Europe. EU will be there. Do you have some comments on the gameplay?

Gelion said:
Well it seems that I will have a lot of free time next week. Since Capulet is running my Cold War NES so nicely I thoght I'll start a new one. The thing is I don't want to do anything we don't have already. Not because it is boring, but because its taking players away from those NESes and splits thier attention. I think its unfair. So I want to do something we don't have already. So far I got a couple of ideas:
1. Tolkiens NES (new rules, running, see it for details)
2. Crusades
new rules on economy and so on, a home base in Europe + Middle Eastern Map. Concrete ideas on these are welcome.
3. System Colonisation
USA, India, Arab Alliance, Orthodox Union and Comunist China compete for colonisation of the Solar system. Considering 9 small maps for each planet (10?) or 1 big map for the system. Competition in the fields of rockets (engines, living standarts, armour,, weaponry?), colonisation, colony supply and building and so on. Space UN? Peace and War chater, aliens? Ideas are welcome as well as your opinions on this idea.
4. Mediterannean.
Greek city states, triremem, assirians, the roman legions? Most of our NESes are global I think it would be nice to concentrate on one area only, esp. this area.

5. Medieval NES.
European Medieval NES. Self-explanatory really. But this means only Europe, no Africa or Asia. A true knight-battle!
Thats all so far, but I may think of some more. Whats your opinion? :)

This is my next NES ^_^

Do it! :D I'll be the first to join :). When is it oming out?

i already have the rules down I just need to see how receptive people are to the rules. The biggest problem I have is time constraints which caused me to close my last nes.

No, really, Gelion, do you still want to start some new NES? I seriously have some very good alt. hist. ideas I would have loved to make NESes if not for the fact that I already am moding NES2 I.

Great! My PM box has only 7 messages :). I want to start a new NES, but also I would like to spend as little as possible doing stats and more on stories. In short, please send ideas (not only alt-hist are fine too :) ).

Well, I sent the first PM, but like I said, if it's alternate history, I would really need to know the NES' period (perhaps more accurate would be the setting type - 18th century tech WWI? High Medieval American colonization? And so on...), so that I won't send you random ideas.

Thanks a ton! :)
I'd love an alternative ww2, space NES or any future NES.
I'm also willing to moderate a ww1 NES if someone can come up with good rules for it.

What about Punic Wars? Anyone interested? I think they should make a great setting.

1700 AD NES would have been great.

the god NES idea would be great :)

God Wars? Like Black and White? I would play that :p

Hey, I proposed God Wars some time ago.

More like Dominions 2 than B&W though.

Top Bottom