Star Wars unit: Victory Class Destroyer

TheMorpheus

Welcome to the real world
Technological advancement is a byproduct of war. The battle-marred era marked by the Clone Wars saw the creation of bigger, faster, more heavily armed and armored combat vessels. The best of this bumper crop was the Victory-class Star Destroyer. Designed by Republic engineer Walex Blissex, the Victory was commisioned into service as the wars were drawing to a close. Consequently, though these ships saw little action during the wars, they formed the bulk of the Republic Navy for years following. For a time it seemed these vessels would be replaced by the larger, newer Imperial-class Destroyers, but since the Rebellion moved into full swing the Victory has served in the defense of the Empire. The Victory Star Destroyer carries out three standard mission types: planetary defense, planetary assault and troop support, and ship-to-ship combat. It is much better at the first two than the latter. One of these vessel's most powerful advantages is the ability to enter the upper levels of a planets atmosphere-something the newer Star Destroyers cannot do. This permits precision ground attacks and the pursuit of smaller craft hoping to escape by diving toward planet. The Victory-class vessel's main deficiency is its slow sublight speed. However, it does have rapid hyperspace capabilities and can make jumps quickly.
Craft: Victory-class Star Destroyer (VSD)
Type: Star Destroyer
Scale: Capital
Length: 900 meters
Cargo Capacity: 8,100 metric tons
Crew: 5,200
Defense: 200 SBD Shields and 100 RU Hull
Weapons: 10 Quad Turbolaser Batteries40 Double Turbolaser Batteries10 Tractor Beam ProjectorsConcussion Missiles. In addition to its weaponry, an Victory Star Destroyer carries 2 Squadrons of TIE-class Fighters for a total of 24 and 2,040 Troops
Source: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2947/ships/victorystardestroyer.html

Preview:

Pedia icon:

Download:
Victory Class Destroyer V1.0

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Pity you didn't make the unit floating though oh well

Gotta remember that there's Space in the SW mod so it doesn't have to float.

Great unit. Looks much better than some of the much earlier SW units. IMHO.

Odd that they would have those "wings" on the side in an earlier version and then have removed them later on with the Imperial Star Destroyers as seen in the movies... It's perrrty though.

Anywhoo... I think that in the future, you should use a different kind of explosion effect. Main reason being that it has a real "burning-fossil-fuel-exposed-to-atmosphere" look rather than a "futuristic-energy-in-vacuum-of-space" look. ;)

Another Beauty TheMorpheus :goodjob: ... Personally, I like both the Attack and Death even though Dom Pedro II does make a good point. Perhaps make a Bright white center to the explosion with less (or no) yellow and orange and no smoke. Small parts from the ship could scatter from the center of the explosion out into space and the Bright Explosion could Flash large and then subside without smoke...just an idea :)

Dom Pedro II said:
Odd that they would have those "wings" on the side in an earlier version and then have removed them later on with the Imperial Star Destroyers as seen in the movies... It's perrrty though.

Anywhoo... I think that in the future, you should use a different kind of explosion effect. Main reason being that it has a real "burning-fossil-fuel-exposed-to-atmosphere" look rather than a "futuristic-energy-in-vacuum-of-space" look. ;)

This isn't an Imperial Star Destroyer, its a Victory Star Destroyer, different class of ship. Its from the Star Wars Novels, not the movies btw.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
This isn't an Imperial Star Destroyer, its a Victory Star Destroyer, different class of ship. Its from the Star Wars Novels, not the movies btw.

I'm aware that it's not the Imperial Destroyer... what I'm saying is that since this fits into the chronology before the Imperial Destroyer, I'm surprised that it has a little more complexity to it than a ship that comes after it.

The era in which the Victory Star Destroyer appeared was one in which style was as important as practicality, if I remember correctly, the design favored by the Empire was the non-Winged version. According to the novels, the Victory Star Destroyer was still used after the Imperial-Class appeared, like a Heavy Cruiser I suppose.

Very Good. Im very thankful you made it. ive been looking for a victory star destroyer for a long time now.

Do you think you could try to make a Venator class Star Destroyer? (These are the Star Destroyers in Episode III)

Top Bottom