Bede03: Rodina Rising: Civ3v1.29-Honorable Diety

Bede

Deity
Bede01 saw the Romans conquer the world while Bede02 saw the Japanese hold firmly to their island, defeating all agressors, but the Chinese left the planet in 2018 before the Defiant Ronin could acquire oil.

Bede03 is a straightforward Civ3 1.29 Diety attempt as the Russians. The only variant rule is the requirement to adhere to the Realms Beyond Civilization Honorable Tactics.

For those who may be unfamiliar with the RBCiv Tactics:

Evaluation of Tactics - compiled by Sirian

Roster Full:

Sir Bugsy
denyd
RowandLive
Ankka
Bede
Hajime

Order of go determined following opening moves discussion.

Barbarians: SEDENTARY.
Climate: NORMAL.
LandForm: CONTINENTS.
Map Size: SMALL.
Ocean Coverage: 70%.
Temperature: TEMPERATE.
World Age: 4 BILLION YEARS.

The Start

Rivals:
England - Exp/Comm; Alpha/Pottery
Aztecs - Rel/Mil; Warrior/Ceremonial Burial
America - Exp/Ind; Pottery/Mason
Iroquois - Exp/Rel; Ceremonial Burial/Pottery
Babylon - Sci/Rel; Bronze/Ceremonial Burial

@Hajime

:wavey:

If you're comfortable at Emperor+, welcome.

Just be warned, it's a rough, rowdy and obsessively analytical crowd you'd be joining.

Welcome aboard, Hajime.

Being that this is a diety game, I would choose what I consider to be the best start. To me that's either the 3 wheats on the river or the 2 cows. In either case unless we're shooting for a 20K type win (which is very difficult at diety) getting as much ground as possible ASAP is the most important goal. We'll never be able to out research the AI, but maybe with close to the even on cities we can produce enough troops to take out the weakest then expand some more, rinse and repeat.

I incline to the three wheats myself as I don't think the cows have any water handy.

The three wheat start also give us 8 shields at pop6 if I'm counting right (two BGs, a forest and the city center) along with beaucoup bread.

(Rushes off to read Bamspeedy's Deity Settlers one more time).

Checking in. :salute:

I'd take the 3 wheats. All the others lack food for a 4-turn settler factory.

It has to be the three wheat. Bamspeedy's game is a perfect example for this one to follow. One of the first SGOTMs, before they were called SGOTM, had three teams playing Bamspeedy's map. Two teams did well, one team ran into all the standard problems. If I can find them, I'll post the links. Good reading as well.

So it's allee, allee, all in for the Sign of the Three Shocks (should be a pub named that somewhere, Bugsy :beer: )

Bede03E

Rivals:
England - Exp/Comm; Alpha/Pottery
Aztecs - Rel/Mil; Warrior/Ceremonial Burial
America - Exp/Ind; Pottery/Mason
Iroquois - Exp/Rel; Ceremonial Burial/Pottery
Babylon - Sci/Rel; Bronze/Ceremonial Burial

Thoughts on the opening:
Scout east to mountain, worker NW to riverside wheat, settle on spot. Build another scout, then start the granary?

Looks like we need to find the Aztecs just as quick as we can so we have a counter party for the first round of tech trading. England has Alphabet as a monopoly and it looks like it is going to cost us Bronze Working, Warrior Code and a bucket of cash to get it. My thinking here is Alphabet to Mathematics (for cats) and starting denyd's rinse and repeat cycle for lebensraum with archers, cats and spears.

Order of go suggestions:

Sir Bugsy or denyd
Ankka
Bede
Hajime
denyd or Bugsy

20 for kick off then 10. 24hr got it 48hr to play 72 total. Autoskip to next player on expiration of first 24. And please post a roster at the end of your turn log. (Keeps me from getting confused).

Looks like fun or a furball! :crazyeye: :smug:

I'll take it. I think we'll have to make that the name of our capitol and first pub... The Sign of the Three Shocks. I hope we serve Harp and Sam Adams in our pub :beer:

Sorry for the late check in, gang. I was out of town today, and hadn't been able to check since 5PM yesterday. Fit me in in the middle to end of the roster. :)

Gang's all here.

Take it away Sir Bugsy

Order of go:
Sir Bugsy
Ankka
Hajime
Bede
denyd
RowandLive

4000 BC – Move the worker west and the scout east to the mountain. We’re in the northern portion of the landmass with ocean NW and NE. Three Shocks is founded in place. I know this is going to disappoint a lot of people, but we’ll get a cow on expansion. Start Alphabet @ max. Start a scout.

Early – Find that there is incense SE of Three Shocks. Meet England. Liz is up Alphabet. Alpha for BW & 10G is doubt it. She has two cities. Pop a hut, but it deserted.
Build three scouts and start a granary.

Middle - Find we have a nice choke between England and all us vodka drinkers.

Late – More exploring, lots of jungle to the south.

After Action – We have three scouts out exploring. Granary is due in three. We will be able to crank out some settlers and workers. We’ll need a lot of the latter to clear that %^&*#($ jungle. Here’s a shot of our lands:

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Bede3,_3000_BC.SAV

Good grief, it's a Beef 'n Brew. And a nice tidy litle corner all to us Russians.

Order of go:
Ankka - up
Hajime - on deck
Bede - needs a drink
denyd
RowandLive
Sir Bugsy - opened the bar for business

Nice start Bugs.

Last is a good spot for me with being up in JumpMasters and wanting to get GOTM 36 off to a good start.

Might be a good idea to plant a scout on the choke point until we can get a settler there and that should be one of the first ones we build.

Top Bottom