Changes in leader duties

Strider

In Retrospect
Sense there seems to be alot of amendments out, I think this would be a good time to re-propose this:

Current Article:
Article D. said:
Article D. The Executive branch is responsible for determining
and implementing the will of the People. It is headed
by the President who shall be the primary Designated
Player. The President shall take direction from a
council of leaders and from other elected and appointed
officials via the turnchat instruction thread. The President
shall be tasked with control of worker actions.
1. The Minister of Domestic Affairs shall be
responsible for all domestic initiatives, worker allocation,
as well as the distribution of funds, as prescribed by law.
2. The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible
for matters involving treaties with foreign nations,
as prescribed by law.
3. The Minister of Defense shall be responsible for all
military strategy and troop activities, as
prescribed by law.
4. The Minister of Trade shall be responsible for all
trade, domestic and foreign, and the use of resources,
as perscibed by law.
5. The Minister of Science shall be responsible for all tech
acquisition, as prescribed by law.
6. The Minister of Culture shall be responsible for the
keeping of the peace and the construction of wonders.

Proposal:

Introduction:
The Executive branch is responsible for determining and implementing the will of the People, including giving enough informtion for the people to make an informed decision. It is headed by the President who shall be the primary Designated Player. The President shall take direction from a council of leaders and from other elected and appointed officials via the turnchat instruction thread. The President shall be tasked with control of worker actions.

Presidential Duties:
The President shall be the primary Designated Player and be tasked with worker actions and allocation.

* Default Designated Player
* Tasked with worker actions and allocation
* Subject to the will of the People

The President should be tasked with anything dealing with our workers, for the main reason that they are the person who can judge how to best put them to use.

Ministry of Domestic Affairs:
The Minister for Domestic Affairs is delegated by the people with the power of distrubuting funds between Science, Entertainment, and Taxes, and in charge of resources in so far as they relate to Domestic Affairs. The Minister is also in charge of all Domestic initiatives and the placement of Wonders, alongside the Minister for Culture.

* Distrubution of funds (Sci/Lux/Tax)
* Domestic initiatives
* In charge of resources alongside the Minister for Trade
* Shall initiate polls upon the placement of wonders, to be decided by the people
* Incharge of the placement of Wonders alongside the Minister for Culture. Placement is to be determined by the people themselves
* Incharge of City Placement
* Subject to the will of the People

This give the Minister of Domestic Affairs the power over most Domestic-related affairs inside of the nation. Including city placements and the top authority of Distrubuting funds. It also allows the Domestic Minister to post polls and discussions over Wonder Placement and Construction.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
The Minister for Foreign Affairs is delegated by the people with the power to sign treaties with Foreign Nations and monitor those nations actions and moods towards ourself and our allies.

* Monitor and Sign treaties with Foreign Nations
* Monitoring Foreign Nations actions
* Foreign Relations
* Has jurisdiction over all Espionage attempts.
* May intervene so as to ameliorate the attitudes of other nations
* Has Jurisdiction over the signing of all treaties with Foreign Nations
* Subject to the will of the people

This allows the Minister of Foreign Affairs the power regulate all treaties with our civilization and also work to improve our status among our allies and enemies.

Ministry of Defense:
The Minister for Defense is delegated by the people with the power to handle all military strategy and troop activites.

* Monitor and regulate Wars
* May post polls over declaring war or making peace with a Foreign Nation.
* May initiate a poll to over-ride a govenors build queue if the Minister can prove the city is in danger from the point of view of the Ministry of Defense
* Advises the Domestic and Cultural Departments upon the placement of Wonders relating to the Military Department
* May initiate Espionage attempts dealing with the Ministry of Defense.
* Subject to the Will of the People.

This allows the Minister of Defense the power to defend the nation during times of war and peace as he/she see's fit.

Ministry of Trade:
The Minister for Trade is delegated by the people with the power to monitor and initiate all trade, domestic and foreign, and the use of resources in so far as they correspond to trade.

* Incharge of regulating all Trade related Activity
* Monitors Resource/Lux activity
* Has jurisdiction over Science and Foreign Affairs trade activities.

This gives the Minister of Trade Jurisdiction over all trade related activities, including anything Science or Foreign Affairs may do.

Ministry of Science:
The Minister for Science is delegated by the people with the power to monitor all scientific activity, by ourselves and foreign nations, tech acquisition, and tech trading.

* Polling and building the Tech Queue
* Monitoring Technological Activity
* Organization and Placement of Spaceship Parts
* May initiate a tech trade if it does not interfere with Trades instructions, unless the people decide otherwise.
* May advise the Ministers for Culture and Domestic Affairs on the placement of Wonders relating to the Ministry of Science
* Posting polls over the Science Slider, unless it interferes with the Domestic Ministrys instructions.
* May initiate tech Espionage

This gives the Minister of Science the power to regulate and effect all technological activity in the world. It also gives them the authority of placement and building of spaceship parts, and advising Culture and Domestic on the placement of Scientific Wonders.

Ministry of Culture:

The Minister for Culture is delegated by the people with the power to monitor all cultural activity, by ourselves and foreign nations, keeping the peace, and the construction and of wonders.

* Monitoring our and foreign nations Cultural Status
* May initiate a poll whereby the people decide on whether to amend a build queue towards producing a cultural improvement or wonder
* Posting polls over Placement and Construction of all Wonders, along side the Minister for Domestic Affairs

Allows the Minister of Culture to monitor and handle all cultural threats to the nation, also allows them the power to post polls and discussions of the placement and construction of Wonders.

Provinces
The Governors are delegated by the people with the power to monitor the cities within there Provinces, control of queues, and the happiness of the citizens under their control.
* Monitors the status of there cities Shield, Commerce, and food based.
* May post a poll over raising or lowering the luxury slider, to be decided by the people.
* May post a poll over rushing a(n) improvement(s)/unit(s), to be decided by the people.
* May advise the Ministers for Culture and Domestic Affairs on the placement of Wonders, in so far as it affects there Province
* May force the Minister for Defense to supply defensive units for the defense of a city, to be decided by the people
* Subject to the Will of the People

This allows the govonors the power to regulate there cities Citizens and Defense. It also allows them to take control of a defensive units for a short while for the defense of a city.

These changes would allow the Leaders and Govonors the power they need to regulate every aspect of there department, and gives the citizens of the democracy game more power. Of course, currently this is just a proposal and would have to be amended inorder to be placed inside of the constitution, but it serves the current purpose. I'll have to put it into a constitutional format later.

*Note: This will not take effect untill the next term.

DaveShack said:
Please post a list of what changes between what we have now and your proposal.

Whoops, I meant to do that, did it in my other thread (Changes in Article F.). It must have slipped my mind.

Can we have it so that all trades must go to the people before they can be approved?

blackheart said:
Can we have it so that all trades must go to the people before they can be approved?

The Executive branch is responsible for determining and implementing the will of the People, including giving enough informtion for the people to make an informed decision.

This is the only thing in this proposed amendment that has to do with what you suggested. However, I believe there is another amendment in the Constitution that states that a leader must post a poll over a subject, if requested to by a citizen. So I think you can legally request that all trades be polled.

Strider said:
Ministry of Culture:

* Posting polls over Placement and Construction of all Wonders, along side the Minister for Domestic Affairs

Your wording is a little vague in this catagory. You need to establish who has the final word when determining Wonders. As it stands now, you have Culture and Domestic holding equal sway in this regard. It would make sense to have Culture determine the placement and construction of Wonders, with Domestic taking an advisory role, rather then standing "along side" Culture.

Ashburnham said:
Your wording is a little vague in this catagory. You need to establish who has the final word when determining Wonders. As it stands now, you have Culture and Domestic holding equal sway in this regard. It would make sense to have Culture determine the placement and construction of Wonders, with Domestic taking an advisory role, rather then standing "along side" Culture.

The final word is always the people, either the Domestic or Culture minister may place polls and instructions over the building of a wonder.

Also, this proposal will amend two Articles of our Constitution. Article D, which deals with the executive branch, and Article E. which deals with the Legislative branch (govonors).

Strider said:
The final word is always the people, either the Domestic or Culture minister may place polls and instructions over the building of a wonder.

In that case, I cannot support this ammendment. You are effectively destroying the Culture Ministry by removing its last vestige of power. Domestic already has enough on its plate without giving it the responsabilities of Culture as well. Why, exactly, does Domestic need to have a say in the building of Wonders? Build queues fall under the jurisdiction of the governors; it is with them that the Culture Ministry should work for determining Wonder placement.

Ashburnham said:
In that case, I cannot support this ammendment. You are effectively destroying the Culture Ministry by removing its last vestige of power. Domestic already has enough on its plate without giving it the responsabilities of Culture as well. Why, exactly, does Domestic need to have a say in the building of Wonders? Build queues fall under the jurisdiction of the governors; it is with them that the Culture Ministry should work for determining Wonder placement.

Why they are both incharge is to allow either ministry to post polls and instructions. Wonder building is forgotten alot, and does not receive that much clear discussion.

Also, it does not eliminate Cultures only power. This amendment actually gives culture more power, as the Culture Ministry is aloud to change a build queue (with the support of the people of course). Many might say that this is stealing power from the govonors, but in all likely hood it's not. All officials are binded by the WOTP, and any citizen can post a poll over building a cultural improvement in a city, and if approved, the govonor must do so. This is just making sure that there is somebody watching over the Cultural health of our cities.

Ahh, the infamous override proposals return. Third time this game?

Without even bothering to read further (and yes, I looked specifically for that, knowning Strider's single-mindedness), I can safely ignore this trash.

Rather than repeat all the arguements for this same proposal, I direct citizens to read Strider's earlier, soudly defeated proposals, which are strikingly similar.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:

Without even bothering to read further (and yes, I looked specifically for that, knowning Strider's single-mindedness), I can safely ignore this trash.

Rather than repeat all the arguements for this same proposal, I direct citizens to read Strider's earlier, soudly defeated proposals, which are strikingly similar.

-- Ravensfire

Actually, the orginal one I posted was not defeated and actually had much support, I do not think it was enough to pass it, but it was a good start. It did not however, go into a poll because of a disagreement with the Judiciary at that time.

ravensfire said:

-- Ravensfire

Tell me, can the minister not "over-ride" a govonors method by just simply posting a poll over the subject? If the poll pasts, then the govonors has no choice, he must follow the will of the people. This is just the same thing, it does not give a minister anymore power than he had when being an oridary citizen.

What it does do however, is make it part of there job. It is there job to make sure that our cities are not at risk for culture flip. It is the govonors job to make sure his cities are defended when at risk of an attack.

Strider said:
Tell me, can the minister not "over-ride" a govonors method by just simply posting a poll over the subject? If the poll pasts, then the govonors has no choice, he must follow the will of the people. This is just the same thing, it does not give a minister anymore power than he had when being an oridary citizen.

What it does do however, is make it part of there job. It is there job to make sure that our cities are not at risk for culture flip. It is the govonors job to make sure his cities are defended when at risk of an attack.
no it shouldnt their job,
they can act as a citizen and post a poll, but making it their job gives them legal right to change the queue unless the WOTP says not. they can just sneak than in their instructions and ppl wont have enought time to see that and wont be able to stop it.
dont give ministers the power to override governors, this game should be about cooperation not give ppl powers in other peoples departments

Black_Hole said:
no it shouldnt their job,
they can act as a citizen and post a poll, but making it their job gives them legal right to change the queue unless the WOTP says not. they can just sneak than in their instructions and ppl wont have enought time to see that and wont be able to stop it.
dont give ministers the power to override governors, this game should be about cooperation not give ppl powers in other peoples departments

Black_Hole you obviously did not read the proposal, they can only do it WITH the WOTP. If they do not have the support of the people, then they can not legally order a queue change.

If there is no other comments over this, then I'll submit this to the Judiciary once the new term sets in.

Strider,
There is a procedure for submitting proposed changes to law - Code of Laws section I. In this you will need to post a proposed poll here first and 2 people must 2nd and 3rd it before you submit to the Judiciary.

As far as this proposal goes, could you post of summary of the differences vs the current law? I've been confused by tis one and this would help me make sense of the changes.

Thanks

Strider said:
If there is no other comments over this, then I'll submit this to the Judiciary once the new term sets in.

It's amazing how you are able to ignore the criticisms of your proposal and press on regardless of your lack of support. There are clear changes that need to be made before I, and many others, can support this ammendment. It's understandable that you want to defend your position, but I don't see how you can submit this proposel in its current form given the outspoken arguements against it.

Ashburnham said:
It's amazing how you are able to ignore the criticisms of your proposal and press on regardless of your lack of support. There are clear changes that need to be made before I, and many others, can support this ammendment. It's understandable that you want to defend your position, but I don't see how you can submit this proposel in its current form given the outspoken arguements against it.

I'm not going to submit it in it's current form. I'll rephrase it and make it into an amendment, which will take some time.

I did not ignore the criticism of anyone in this thread, I replied to every post made, twice to Ravensfire, they had not replied back, so I considered that to be an act of acceptance.

Top Bottom