Crisis in the Japanatican Cabinet

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Crisis in the Japanatican Cabinet

Political commentary, Op Ed by MSAV Minister and Chief of Staff Provolution

Our esteemed and highly competent Minister of Foreign Affairs, Donovan Zoi, resigned today from the Japanatican Cabinet after the bloody counter-invasion of the Iroquois, where Pisae and Veii was left in ruins and where hardened Japanatican swordsmen and samurai elites and veterans was closing on their capital Oil Springs after the conquest of their metropolis Salamanca. This war came at a very vulnerable time for the construction of the Forbidden Palace in Odawara, a debacle which had seen no less than four conventions in the Japanatican Congress on the issue, starting around 310 AD and going on until the present to 1190 AD, a discussion that had lasted for almost 800 years. The entire conflict was the rivalry between the Zojoji and Odawara families, who both wanted to dominate the leadership of Japanatican politics. A part of the master plan of the Odawara family was, to direct military attention away from the Iroquois and into the Babylonians or the Zulus, thus driving Odawara into the Epicentre of the Eastern Japanatica.
Zojojis ambition was to drive the border farther southeast with a short war against the Iroquois, following the fall of the Romans. The discussion of war against the Iroquois had lasted for about a 900 years, where finally the Japanatican people decided in 3 conventions back and forth not to conduct a war. Finally, Odawara managed to halt the war and get the construction of the Forbidden Palace to Odawara, which would have lost to Veii within the Iroquois territory if a war had taken place.

Only a weak before the opening ceremony of the Forbidden Palace, the Iroquois set up the balance, and the military had to respond to this invasion.
The invasion was then used as a pretext to justify the halting of the Forbidden Palace in Odawara and relocate it back to Veii. Mayor Epimethius had already invited the ambassadors from neighboring Iroquois (whom wanted this city upon conclusion), the Zulus, Babylonians and French, as well as overseas guests from China, America, Azteca and Russia, the Romans had been kept out of social events since the Roman War. This banquet was rudely interrupted as the Maung Chunk enclave bursted into frenetic military activity
by the mounted warrior general of the Iroquois. The couriers fled with high intensity across Japanatica and lobbied back and forth. This ended with the famous last minute swing vote of none other than Donovan Zoi, who shrewdly made the poll into a tie, and created a consitutional crisis on how to proceed. However, MSAV IV Term was still in its transition phase, and according to CJ Cycs replacement, CJ Gert Jani, MSAV Provolution could not formally acquire legislative powers to until after the Forbidden Palace-Iroquois conflict was resolved.

Several overlapping and deviating agendas processed the Forbidden Palace to be up for a fifth convention, still in process, which looks like Veii will
win. The main problem here, is that the attractive pre-war Veii, now post-war "Yatta", is a smoldering ruin with 15000 inhabitants, a tenth of its pre-war population. This politically and ethnically unstable Roman-Iroquoisan-Japanatican "town" has no legal system or police force, and is garrisoned by a corrupt Japanatican colonel who takes half of the relief funds and sells the rest to Chief "Black Hawk Down" in Zululand in return for some women and camels. Now, with the present decision, Veii may take centuries to build the Forbidden Palace, and Eastern Japanatica will be stuck in an avalanche of organized and disorganized crime and requires a sizable occupation force and significant funding to rebuild.

What complicates the picture even more, is the movement for a shift from monarchy to democracy, now that the reform dynasty of Lord Protector Sir Donald III inherited the more autocratic regime of Empress Chieftess millenium
Imperial Japanatica. The Democrats and republicans want a regime change at
any cost, but their individual agendas with the Forbidden Palace, The Iroquois
Question, the Diplomatic Vision, their historical reliance on an autocratic general void of doctrinal planning has left the Japanatican people in a state of confusion and a lack of direction. All these conventions and a lack of purpose proves this over and over.

Which makes any remedy hard to foresee, is that the new system of defensive set retaliation doctrine has been set into being too late, and no Japanaticans has previously had any influence over war objectives, so that Japanatica of today is considered a nation of Imperialist War Criminals.
Another factor, was the closely contested election between Sir Donald 3, the Optimate Party, and Donsig, the Plebeian Party, of which the former was a premier line of professional Chamberlains and Treasurers of Japanatica, where
the Donsigs had historically been a conspicious group that brought forth splendid speeches but insidious visions causing strife in Japanatica. This closely contested Presidential race took place simultanenously with a spectaculary contested election for the Foreign Affairs Ministry, again between the late minute voteshifter Donovan Zoi (I could agree with him when he did it, and still to, but the events unfolded later was unfortunate) and then a loyal courtmember of Empress Chieftess, Civgeneral.

As it looks, there is now 95 % corruption in Salamanca, the premier metropolis of the Iroquois. As a leader of MSAV, I will now pledge for the following to raise the direction, morale and integrity of the Japanatican State.

Please give Salamanca back, as the present Forbidden Palace solution with Veii cannot handle it, and that the need for workers for railroad construction displace maintenance capacity for military units, coupled with the fact that we are to liberate foreign workers to their homecountries in an abolition.

Please also call Foreign Affairs Minsiter Donovan zoi to come back and take up the task to create a more civic and more internationally active Japanatica.

and Please, forgive my candidness on this question, but our policies are right now not integral to national needs, but individual preferences. We need to decide now how to get a diplomatic victory, and allow Donovan Zoi to draft a proposal to do so. On the good side, I think we see great progress and reforms within all ministries but FA and DA which are run conventionally.
More offices, more positions and more organization makes Japanatica work.
Simplicity was a virtue in the Bronze Age, but not in the Industrial Age.

Yours Sincerely
Provolution, now speaking as a citizen.

I like how you plead for unity after alienating half the citizens. You're heavily biased speech does not help citizens like me in making our descisions. I think I can speak for most newbies to the Demogame when I say that we were not expecting to enter into a long history of grudges and distrust between the contributors.

Crimso, read back to Term One, and you will see a pattern, contradict me or supplement me, but this is the basis of why we now have a 1 pop city without temple and 70 % corruption to build our forbidden palace.

:sad: Hello, my name is Cyc and I'm an Imperialist War Criminal.

I'm sorry to see DZ go again, and I can understand his point, although I think he over-reacted a bit. I probably would have joined his crusade had I not had to fight tooth and nail this whole game to keep things on the up and up. We need to keep playing Civ3 in a Demogame style, not personal preferences forced on the unaware newbies. :rolleyes:

Let's face it. Putting the FP 6 and a half tiles away from the Capital (Odawara) was a dumb idea, meant only to stifle the growth of our nation and appease certain people. And I (or the Zojoji family :lol: ) did not benefit in any way by the placement of the FP in Veii, other than the proper placement of our second Capital. We also needed to take Salamanca in order to stop the Cultural threat caused by that city. Too many sub-games were being played under the table for my liking, but I stuck with the game in hopes of keeping it above board. Is that wrong? I think not. I'm glad I did it. I do not regret the actions I've taken and I certainly do not regret overseeing the workings of Zojoji in it's progress to the Camelot status. It was a goal that I proudly worked on and would do it again in the future.

Now, I don't believe we should give Salamanca back. I think we should take Oil Springs and Niagra Falls. Twice the brazen Iroquois attacked our nation. TWICE! And now we're worried about if their feelings will get hurt.... :shakehead Please, this is Civ3. Sure, I like to play with compassion too, but the Iro's have been asking for it. We're building their cities back up. We're educating them and bringing them a new world. It's not like they're not living a better life. At least they won't attack us for a third time...

I would welcome DZ back if he came back, but I don't think he will. It was good to have you back while you were here, DZ. Take care.

LOL @Cyc :) Good sport :) I agreed on relocating the FP, but had no clue that we would place the World Trade Center on the recently bombarded Gaza Strip.

I am an Imperialist War Criminal too :) I am in a deep deep dilemma now, as I may have to make an executive decision on continuing the war or stopping it and giving back Salamanca. I do not want messy borders, and either we take Oil Springs and Niagara, or we leave Salamanca and get a clean border there.

I can never fully understand what happened in previous Demogames because I WAS NOT THERE AT THE TIME. I've read a few posts, and I have the same reaction to the ones I read now: there are two sides to every story, and I am only hearing half of each.

Provolution, I admire the massive amount of work you've put into the Demogame and the passion in which you defend your jurisdiction. But if you are calling out Donsig for allegedly conspiring to **** everything up, please make that clear.

You've blurred the lines between people posting on a message board and the citizens of a nation to the point where, for example, I don't know if you're calling Chieftess "autocratic" because of the form of government we held for her two terms, or because of her actions.

Can you blame me for not believing everything you're saying? By putting your accusations in a 'poetic' form you've only succeeded in making yourself look like a conspirator as much as those you accuse.

I wish there to be a DG free of underlying grudges and agendas. I do not wish to feel forced to join a 'side' at every turn.

Again Crimso, I could shut up about this, but at least you got some new insight.
Monarchy is indeed autocratic, we have been a monarchy for two terms now.
I spoke of Term One in Japanatica, and the development there has lead to the present situation. The Forbidden Palace debacle started with the very Roman War that started on the wrong promises, and since there were no doctrine, the wars floated aimlessly without democratic control after the declaration of war. Civanator is an excellent general, and delivers good wars, but citizens had no impact on doctrinal aspects of it.

Now, if you did not notice, wars are now democratized, we now discuss and poll war aims and military reforms. In a sense, that lets you participate. With regards to our esteemed colleague Donsig, he decided to focus on confusing my attempt on reforms for his own political gains and for securing the Forbidden Palace. My reforms took place independent of that. So, someone tries to use someones activities by either changing their course or sabotaging them for other motives.

If you do not believe this happens, I would be amazed. A demogame is about how to rn a country , and when Civ is so close to reality in some ways, people lean to think of the game in terms of politics. But if you want to distrust me for recollecting the entire saga in a short essay, feel free to do so. You should rather listen to the silent ones.

you can also be a relativist, saying there are no black and white, only shades of grey, only two sides. I wrote this to air my thoughts, and others are free to do the same.
Like you did. Andon the sides, do not feel pressured to do so. You can principally vote against me like some people do, or oyu could be pragmatic and vote and write what you want. I do not care really.

Top Bottom