Unit: Ancient Walls (3th of Nov, 2004)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello,
These are sort of 'ancient' version of walls made long time ago by Kinboat. Well, the graphics are done by me, but the file naming is done by sir KB :)

The idea of these is to pre-place them in various scenarios - there's not much point in making them buildable (as immobile-paradrop units), since the AI hasn't got a clue how to use them. I've included only the default 'animations' (yeah, only one frame each). If there is a need for more animations, then you can try your luck, and make a request :lol:

[EDIT]: the file contains also a set of 'schematic' unit32-images. I found those quite clear to use. I don't know if you find so too :)

UPDATE!
Updated ancient walls
see reply #22 in this thread for more details

Attachments

• AncientWalls.zip
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,123
here is a preview of those walls in game.

Attachments

• Walls2.png
    Walls2.png
    96 KB · Views: 5,087
Yar. Thar be some walls. Look nice, but perhaps you should ahev amde them a death Anim. but I don't care- I have no use for them.

skam0073 said:
Nicesly made:) They suppose to be indestructible or something? I mean they are just like borders that prevent trespassing?

They are like units, that stand in the way, but can be destroyed by other units :)
And nicely made too :)

aaglo, these are Very Esthetic Walls and the set of 'schematic' units_32 images are clear and Civ Specific. :goodjob: IF you ever have any spare time, an animation of the Walls being Destroyed and left in Ruins would be appreciated. (guess it could be called a Death). The Walls could be given a Defense setting only and would not have any attack or defense animations to be concerned about. They Really Look Excellent...Thanks

Excellent job :wow:

odintheking said:
The "3th" of November, ;). Someone needs grammar lessons, ;). Just kidding, :p. Great unit, :D

Sometimes it is hard to remember details, especially if you study two or more foreign languages like most of the ppl here does. I made a memory aid to help with this special problem:

"first, think of dirt, second, think of turd and then, naturally, comes third".

odintheking said:
The "3th" of November, ;). Someone needs grammar lessons, ;). Just kidding, :p. Great unit, :D
Holy F*************!
Am I on the road to become like Xen :eek:

aaglo,

Nice "unit".

Because English is many of our members' 2th, or maybe even 3th language, some errors in grammar or syntax inevitably creep in. And because I learned how to write before e-mail even existed, I am somewhat of a purist when it comes to writing. However, I decided that if I ever felt the need to correct someone, I would do so only if I corrected them in THEIR first language, not mine.

And aaglo ... your last post is quite clear in ANY language.

Odintheking,

I just reread my post and realized that it might be interpreted as a put down of your post. That was not intended. I was shooting for humor (and evidently I'm not that funny).

Is this where I jump in to correct that last word? :p Lovely walls. I think you got the spacing closer than I did... you can barely see where the units connect.

Top Bottom