Wonder Graphics: Bullfight Arena

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia

Dom Pedro II requested Bullfight, so here it is. A small quiz to go with it:

Who is the famous toreador in the splash?

Have fun, :D

Ukas

Attachments

• Bullfight_arena.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 307
Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Why? The Madador Games(Spelling? correct term) are a popular and beloved tradition is Spain, and, I think, Mexico as well.

Exactly so. I don't see reason to deny the truth, bullfights are held in civs which like them. Besides in some places there are so called bloodless bullfights, where toreador fights the bull, but does not wound it.

From Wikipedia:

The controversial but popular spectacle is staged most famously in Spain (where there are over 400 arenas) but also in southern Portugal, some countries in Latin America (principally Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador), in California and in the south of France. Especially prominent bullrings are to be found at Madrid, Seville and Mexico City. In Pamplona, the "running of the bulls" or encierro, the ritualized stampede through the streets, has overshadowed the corrida itself; the event is dedicated to the patron saint of Navarre Saint Fermín.

A similar activity, Jallikattu, takes place annually in the state of Tamilnadu, India.

Fujairah, one of the Emirates that makes up the United Arab Emirates, has a long, quite separate history of bull fighting. In this case, however, one bull fights another bull, rather than being pitted against a human 'matador' and its origins lie in their owners' pride, as in cockfighting.

I'd also like to point out that as a modern spectacle, the bull fights are contreversial... but they have a long, long history prior to animal rights when they were enjoyed by the locals and the rest of the world didn't particularly care. And that's the time period I'm interested in... hey, nobody said history was pretty... ;)

But if it'll make you feel any better, I'll have this improvement become obsolete with Environmentalism or something... that work? :p

I can certainly understand why people would object to it. Violence against animals for entertainment purposes cruel and immoral, but also Violence for entertainment purposes between two or more humans is equally immoral.

I think DPII's approach is a good one regardless though.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I can certainly understand why people would object to it. Violence against animals for entertainment purposes cruel and immoral, but also Violence for entertainment purposes between two or more humans is equally immoral.

Well, at least (in modern terms anyway) both human beings have a choice to be in the ring... but I'm not too keen on things like boxing and wrestling either.

Ukas said:
Think about it, have you seen this toreador before? ;)
No fair- where is he from- and what year is he famous for ? There are hundreds of toreros every season :( oh and the pic is very bad (can't even define the colour of his outfit)

Sword_Of_Geddon said:

I think DPII's approach is a good one regardless though.
So a spectacle for the purpose of entertainment is a no, but a spectacle for oil is a yes?

Besides, every bull has its day (beware, explicit content!)

:lol: great. It seem "Las Ventas" in Madrid but could be any other.
The "Torero"... Maybe: Manolete, El Cordobes, Jesulin, Fran Rivera, etc.

Top Bottom