Bosnian civil war 1991-1995

headhunter

Chieftain
Here it is people - Bosnia 1991 V1.0
You can fight in this conflict as bosnian muslim,croat or american-against bosnian serbs,or you can try it from their perspective.
Some of the unique units are russian t-55,serbian m-84 tank,63' parashoot brigade,mudzahedins,mig-29...

All my scenarios are craated using standard art from civIII conquests,so you need only files presented.Check out my other scenarios! :)

One variation is with the UN as a neutral side in conflict,with one port on adriatic shore,few airports,and mech infantry on the ground

Attachments

• Bosnia 1991 V1.0.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • Bosnia 1991 V1.0+UN.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,502
finally i was waiting for this. I live in Bosnia so when I look in the scenario i will see is everything in order

DO NOT PUT Muslims and Croats in locked aliance because they were fighting each other for year or two

Currently playing this as Serbs.... a few things

1.) Why is the map surrounded by volcanoes?
2.) Why did you disable multiple attacks for tanks?
3.) The Serbs should not have the full tech tree (i.e. the ability to build ICBMs, Stealth Bombers ect.)

Not bad but needs improvement :goodjob:

I haven't played this scneario, but the reason for 2) might be that the blitz ability is overpowered for high-movement units, especially in the hands of the human player.It leads to a lot of promotions, which cause lots of MGLs and you are able to kill a lot of enemies with only few units.I guess you can still put the tanks in armies in this scenario and blitz then with the armies...

Was playing it a bit more and noticed a couple more things:

1.) I think its kinda ridiculous that the guerillas (why did you spell them as "mudzahedin"?) have virtually as high an attack as tanks (16 compared to 18 for tanks)

2.)I had this wierd skull thing happen to some of my cities while I was playing and am not sure if it is because of the scenerio.

The skull means plague is enabled in the scenario.It spreads over your cities and can kill military units.

Mudzahedin's are "holy warriors",mostly from Saudy Arab,they don't care if they die,like in sept,11. ; example-Bin Laden (who was at war in Bosnia :))

Mudzahedin's are "holy warriors",mostly from Saudy Arab,they don't care if they die,like in sept,11. ; example-Bin Laden (who was at war in Bosnia)

Is it spelt right? I have never seen that word spelt that way before.

Kime11 said:
Mudzahedin's are "holy warriors",mostly from Saudy Arab,they don't care if they die,like in sept,11. ; example-Bin Laden (who was at war in Bosnia :))

Kime you are MY GOD! :worship: How did you now that osama had training camps in Bosnia?And that he was in bosnia.
For everybody else:
1.names of the units are in serbian,they will be in english soon;
2.Over 3.000 Mudzahedin's were in bosnia,and the nearest thing by looks to them was guerilla,why theire attack is so strong-they were most efective in combatt
3.One more mistake is croatian unit SS wafen---it never was...but there was an international brigade in hvo(hrvatsko vijece odbrane)made of volunteers from various countries,mostly from Germany,Ireland,some Americans,and they were neonazis
4.Interesting is that serbs also had theire foreign volunteers-kozaks from russia

hello,

I really dont know wether the quite actual and awfully cruel bosnien civil war is really the best to build a game around it.

I didnt try the scenario, yet. But if you want to make it accuratly, than you also certainly had to include the various kinds of terror, cruelty, mass murders and ethnical cleanings that all the different 'armies' did to the civil population.
But I dont think that a game should include this stuff.

We all know that every war is cruel and that all soldiers become criminal bastards when war is going on, but far history is more or less became so abstract that you can reduce this wars to the merely fairytale style of games.

But as you know the wounds of this bosnien civil war are not healed, yet and .. well .. can you imagine that somebody is producing a game about the mass murder huntings in ruanda also only ten years ago ?

It just my two cent. Different people certainly have different opinions about that topic, but the bosnien civil war was going on when I was teenager and I saw a very broad range of documentation about this war. As a teenager you are very aware of such things, especially when you didnt find out, yet, that this things happens always and even now just on some other place of this planet. But when you then have to mention that all politicians also gathered all this informations and even more detailed and just did nothing .. well . I dont wanna start some political discussion now, I just fell strange about a game about bosnien civil war.

Rod

Rod said:
hello,

I really dont know wether the quite actual and awfully cruel bosnien civil war is really the best to build a game around it.

I didnt try the scenario, yet. But if you want to make it accuratly, than you also certainly had to include the various kinds of terror, cruelty, mass murders and ethnical cleanings that all the different 'armies' did to the civil population.
But I dont think that a game should include this stuff.

We all know that every war is cruel and that all soldiers become criminal bastards when war is going on, but far history is more or less became so abstract that you can reduce this wars to the merely fairytale style of games.

But as you know the wounds of this bosnien civil war are not healed, yet and .. well .. can you imagine that somebody is producing a game about the mass murder huntings in ruanda also only ten years ago ?

It just my two cent. Different people certainly have different opinions about that topic, but the bosnien civil war was going on when I was teenager and I saw a very broad range of documentation about this war. As a teenager you are very aware of such things, especially when you didnt find out, yet, that this things happens always and even now just on some other place of this planet. But when you then have to mention that all politicians also gathered all this informations and even more detailed and just did nothing .. well . I dont wanna start some political discussion now, I just fell strange about a game about bosnien civil war.

Rod

I don't see difference between example war in Bosnia and American war in Vietnam.There were war crimes in Bosnia...but did not american military eradicated 7 000 000 vietnamese civilians!!!? Using chemical weapons,carpet bombings,and not punishing hudge number of war crimes(only 3 court cases were ever resulted in justice(read convictions)!!! one was even only 1 year of house arest-for capital war crime). How many war scenarios do you see about vietnam war...and in them,are you brave vietnamese fighting americans,or do you carry m16 and shoot on every thing that moves and has slanted eyes!Why not make scenarios where little people stand up and fight,why do we not try their perspective.Political correctness can go to hell.
If you ever listened rage against the machine you know what i mean

malo su ti stvarno bezveze mudzahedini,a gde su srbi iz srbije?nerealno,ali nije lose za pocetak.nemas ni hrvate koji su pomagali svojima u herceg bosni.vidi moj scenario war in ex yugoslavia pa kazi sta mislis
pozdrav :

Nije los scenario,ali stvarno gde su ti Srbi iz Srbije.

I have just said that scenario isn't bad,but it don't have serbian soliders from serbia,they were there so why he didn't place them.

Dear Becca and Vapa,

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the language on this fan site is: ENGLISH !!! :mischief:
Can you both give a translation? ;) (you can use the edit button)
Thanks! :)

Greetings, Roland :beer:

Like a first that is NOT a civil war. 1992. Serbs and JNA from SR Yugoslavia has make aggression on Bosnia and Herzegovina. You can make and "Cetnik" Serbs paratrops.Secondly Mostar is one sity; Ilidza is part of Sarajevo; "Srpsko Sarajevo" is NOT a city that is one bus station.Aralanis is in right "DO NOT PUT Muslims and Croats in locked aliance". Greetings and .......

Rod said:
hello,

We all know that every war is cruel and that all soldiers become criminal bastards when war is going on,

Rod
really all soldiers?

ok just so you know, WE arent. now i think yer so full of it yer eyes are brown. I WAS IN BOSNIA.So that makes me a criminal bastard? Smarten the %$#@&* up

Top Bottom