Unique units Ideas?

depresion

Chieftain
I'm looking for suggestions for Unique units for the standard civs.

I think I have the English, Japanese and Russian units, but need others, preferably in a different time to the existing U.Us. That's the problem I have with the Germans, V1 "doodle bug" or Bismarck were my firs thought.

A better one for the Germans would be the ME262 - it kicked @$$ during it's short reign. For the Japanese, the "zeros" outclassed their American counterpart until the introduction of the Corsairs. The Russians are pretty tough, but the T-72, produced between the Panzer and the "Modern Armor ", was a pretty good piece of machinery. For the English, you might use the long-bowman, famous for smacking the flower of French chivalry.

I liked my idea for Minutemen for the Americans...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10370

The Japanese should have a city unit called Japanese Engineer that does double the work that scientists do.

The Romans should have mobsters for modern Italy that make cities they are fortifide on happier due to illegal justice (probably not possible).

You could make the other Aztec unit from Age of Kings... I think it was Eagle Warrior or something... it is an archer.

The Americans could have the Jeep as their unique unit. It can carry 2 infantry unit and allows improved movement over roads in friendly AND enemy terrain. So an Jeep + 2 infantry moves 6 over roads in friendly terrain and 2 over roads / railroads in enemy terrain.

The Dutch, one of the most popular custom civs, could have the Dealer as unique unit. At some cost (for weet distribution :smoke::smoke::smoke: ) it either reduces combat readiness of enemy units or increases happiness in friendly cities.

I like the Idea of the Jeep, it may end up as an APC but for another nation as it's a bit colse in time scale to the F15.

The English have the HMS Hood,
The Japanese Zero.
The Russians the SU-35

Just a few thoughts (apologies if some of these are repeats or too similar to standard Game).

English/British :- Spitfire (how we won the Battle of Britain) or Commandos.

French :- Foreign Legion or Resistance Fighter.

Germans :- Bismark (Super Battleship)

American Minuteman.

He may replace the musket man.
He may be drafted by a city and requires one citizen, but it causes no negative happiness to the city.
He may join back the city whenever.

The Minuteman nuclear weapon was named after the American volunteer citizen soldiers that fought in the American Revolution.

-Dearnen

well, a japanese idea anyways...... we need ninja spylike units

Originally posted by Dearnen
For a non-modern German unit, you might try a Teutonic Knight.

-Dearnen

I might go with this as mounted units are always good ;)

I'm not sure how the AI would deal with the Minuteman if it's both a worker and a musketman, or if it's posible to make him drafteble without negatave efects.

My opinion is-

Japan - Zero -

The Zero should be about equivelent with other fighters but cheaper and with an increased range. This is because the Zero did have a good range but didn't have an increased ability to fight. Its menuevering was on par with the U.S.'s Typhoon which wasn't all that great. The Hellcat later on ate Zero's for breakfast. However in my opinion the greatest advantage the Japanese ever had was cheaper aircraft carriers with a larger capacity for air. How great of an advantage this would be I don't know.

Russia - Mobile Scud

The Mobile Scud should be very cheap to produce and it is discovered some time before the cruise missle (I suggest beginning of Modern or better end of industrial). It should be as powerful as the cruise missle but with a cheaper cost and 2 moves instead of one, due to the fact it fires from a vehicle. Once fired its gone. This was one of the more significant signs of power during the peak (to this date) of Russian authority. Though the T-72 was their ground power it was on par with the M60, and once the patton series went into production the US had a better tank.

England - Royal Infantry

Though the Royal Navy was the most significent weapon at Englands peak, its a bad unit. The quality of Englands troops during the 1700-1800's was magnificent though. They were some of the more dedicated and well trained troops in all the world. Sailing htem around the world just wasn't her majesties best idea though (hey i don't mind, im American). These infantry would be based around the time of muskets with an increased defense so they can be employed when the rifle is discovered as well. England has never been invaded since the Normans and though that was a testement to the power of her Navy, you certienly wouldn't of wanted to deal with her armies once on the island as well.

France - Musketman+

The Musketman should be upgraded to be able to counter the Royal Infantry. Theres no doubt that France and England were the two greatest powers of the 1700's and 1800's. Their peak was reached at seperate times but both were always able to counter one another. The Musketman should have an increased attack.

America - Abrahm Tank

Though our airpower is significant it isn't increasingly advanced in ability, with the exception of stealth. However our M1a1 Abrahm is undoubtably the most powerful peice of ground equipment paying no mind to nuclear weapons. It isn't more powerful in firepower but it can take a greater amount of hits from Sabot rounds (it an anti armor tank round) then its only competition on the battlefield the T-80. My own personal opinion is that precision weapons are the U.S.'s greatest weapon but I dont know how you could get a cruise missle type of object to be able to destroy buildings or units with a heavily increased rate of accuracy. If you could get that to work that would be excellent but if not I think the M1a1 Abrahm is your best bet.

Every unit has been decided off of the pinacle of each nations power. England and France were both their most powerful during the 1600 - 1800's which is why they have their units. Japan was at her height during 1935 - 1945. Russia was at her peak during the late 1950's - late 1970's. And America is more powerful then it has ever been. I think all nations should have a unit that is based on their period of greatest influence and power over their history. This doesn't mean they had to be powerful, just at their peak of power.

The UU for the chinese has to be the x-bow man!! Strangely enough there were no x-bow unit in the game:confused:

The best x-bowman of chinese was during the three kingdom period around 220BC. I visited a chinese museum recently in ChangSha and I have to say that the chinese x-bow rocks!!:D

Imagine this, a x-bow that was crafted in maybe 300-250BC was excavated from a grave and that x-bow uses cartridges!!:eek: Imagine an automatic rifle in 250BC except there is no bullet and gunpowder but bolts. This has to be the UU of the chinese:king:

germans should have PanzerFaust units with bonus vs Tanks and early Rocket Technology Aircrafts.
oh and Religious Civs should have Assasins (remember how they were used against crusaders?)

I've already gone through the whole minuteman thing:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10370

Apparently to make it an upgrade of a worker (not a settler, sorry) that can defend itself, it would still have to be only 1 so it could still join cities. This wouldn't make it very powerful.

Basically, I made my minutemen a replacement of the rifleman that is only available to the Americans. It looks and has the same stats as the Rifleman, except it has the ability to build roads, colonies, and fortresses. Then, it upgrades to Volunteer Infantry (a version of Infantry that can build roads and build fortresses, losing the Minutemans ability to build colonies).

Top Bottom