Gotm 47

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
Game of the Month #47 (December 2004)

Please note that the submission e-mail for this game and all future games has changed (see below).

:xmas: :jesus: :egypt:

Since this is the holiday season, the GOTM Staff wanted to do something special as a gift to you. One idea was to have a game where you got a very generous amount of starting techs. Another idea was to give you a very nice starting location. And yet a third idea was to give you more time to play the game for this month. In the true spirit of the holidays, you get them all! :cool:

The game settings
Hammurabi of the Babylonians
King difficulty
Raging Hordes
7 civs, Restarts On
Normal Sized map

Starting Techs
- Alphabet
- Bronze Working
- Ceremonial Burial
- Code of Laws
- Currency
- Monarchy
- Trade

Follow this link to the saved game:
http://civ2gotm.civfanatics.net/civ2gotmrules.shtml

Games will be due on January 15th.

Please update your records to reflect the new submission e-mail address for the GOTM.
The new address is Civ2GOTM@Civfanatics.net

http://civ2gotm.civfanatics.net/civ2gotmsubmit.shtml
Be sure to send in the required saves {One from AD 1, AD 1000, and a save just before you would finish the game} to the GOTM Staff.

No need for map analysis. The starting location is very good for the first city. With this many techs and the King level, a 3 digit SS landing for OCC should be possible.

OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC

:worship: :thanx: :worship: Hail to the Duke! :worship: :thanx: :worship:

OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC OCC

Very nice..... :cool:

This start will be great for conquest players, too. Next year I want restarts off, though. :lol:

Hmmmm even though I'll be out of town for over a week, this looks like the toughest choice may be which way to go. :)

I wonder why it looks too good to be true... :mischief:

Please join the fun! Here's the OCC Bible:

http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ/occ.htm

The benefits of this start (aside from the advertised obvious) are getting two settlers at King level and being on continent #4. The downside is that all three specials are in the water, where SuperHighways will not increase the trade due to roads. The three hills cut your trade down too, although they may compensate by the extra shields.

yeah, ok i'm in... but according to the "OCC bible" [one i'd like to thump;]... am WAY behind [5 Civlians] and may've gone down a few wrong [17] paths... 1000BC = granary, library. Colossus & Philosophy in ~5-6

Just lost ALL advance "scouts" returned home by getting suckered into renouncing treaty. Normaly hate Republic... might work here ...

F3 key sums it all up...... "mighty" "questionable"

live and learn... aiming for space anyway...;]

Memphis had made another citizen before auto move = plundered!
Am building settler to disband city… 500 BC ...

then i looked up the rules... precedents... can't submit a flawed game...

oh well

peace

Top Bottom