HNDY11 AWDG Standard Pangaea China

handy900

Deity
Always War Demi God C3C 1.22 As the Chinese

The pillaging restriction is in effect. A screenshot is below.

Pillaging Restriction: Basically no pillaging by armies is allowed. Land units cannot bypass a city without destroying it first. Sea units can go anywhere and drop off land units on any coast. The land units must then destroy the coastal cities before passing them either inland or along the coast (though they can bypass the coastal city by getting back on the boat). The idea here is to lessen the AI weakness of ignoring armies completely and allowing the human massive pillaging freedom. If the AI didn't have this weakness, you could pillage coastal resources by using boats, but inland resources would require fighting your way there. Thus guerilla type hit and run pillaging by non-army units is allowed. In other words, you can drop off a non army force by boat, pillage, and get away again instead of being killed.

Patch: 1.22 C3C
Level: DG
Variant: Always War
Civilization: China
Water: 70% water (middle setting)
Map Type: Pangaea
Size:Standard
Temperature: Warm
Climate: Wet
Barbarians: Roaming
Rivals: Random
AI Aggression: Normal
Victory Condition: All are enabled.
Culturally linked starts: OFF
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

Roster and Order of Play
Handy
Sir Bugsy
Greebley
grs
Northern Pike
microbe
gozpel

Lucky candle to light the way.

Always War Boilerplate as we play it
You may only trade when you first meet a civilization, and must declare war on the same turn after trading is complete. If you see a new AI unit, you must make contact & declare war that turn. Absolutely no turn based trade (such as GPT) allowed. If you see a new face on F4, you are obligated to declare war that turn (after trading). Players must declare war if they are exploring and see AI units, but are not required to actually attack the units they come in contact with. No peace treaties, ever. You may check F4 as often as you like to spy on the AI's tech, resources, luxuries & city count. We are not allowed to build embassies .

Discuss any move that seems exploitive before doing it with the team. Although there are not too many exploits available in AW, we’ll follow the forbidden blatant exploits banned by GOTM and RBCiv such as no "Free Wealth". Other normal game exploits such as "Baiting the AI" with an empty city to create a kill zone are an AW tradition and are allowed. Also, you ARE allowed to initially keep a city, move a settler to the same spot as the city, and then abandon and immediately resettle. This is considered an exploit in RBCiv rules, but is okay in our AW games. In addition if you need to build a city one square deeper into enemy territory just to move borders to steal a resource, go for it. We may keep or raze cities, and can keep slaves. You may whip at will, including captured cities or cities where all citizens are unhappy.

SG Stuff
You have 24 hours for an "I got it" and 72 to play. If you need a one day extension, then mention this before the 72 hours are up. Players can work out skips between themselves, just post a message to the thread. If you can't play within 72 total, switch places or ask for a skip. We will play 10 turns at first, and possibly fewer later (5) if the turns begin to take too long.

Take the first start that comes up.

Turn 0
Move settler to hill for defensive bonus
Begin irrigation

Turn 1
Select BW
Start Walls

Turn 6 3700
Road Completes and we begin Barracks Chop

Turn 9
Chop done begin irrigation and the barracks will complete in 3 turns. BW is due in 13 more.

Turn 11 3450
Chinese grow and bump the lux.

Turn 12 3400
Barracks - warrior

Turn 20
We have walls and barracks and there are 2 warriors in Beijing for MP duty. We are building an archer.
The worker is still active, so you can decide what to do with him.
Perhaps NE and irrigate another river plain tile.

Research We really need a granary since we have no extra food, and can (edit) chop one quickly, so I favor pots.

Roster and Order of Play
Handy
Sir Bugsy UP
Greebley
grs
Northern Pike

handy900 said:
Take the first start that comes up.

An act of principle. I hope we survive it. ;)

I agree with Greebley's suggested city site, given the alternatives visible so far.

Why doesn't anyone ask me to join the fun games. I thought my 2 latest additions around was crazy, but this is just a beauty!

Dang it!

Northern Pike said:
An act of principle. I hope we survive it. ;)

I agree with Greebley's suggested city site, given the alternatives visible so far.

Well, I thought the great Ottoman start was a sure fire winner. :lol:

I would have started again if we were not in a corner of the mini map.
I am hoping we will have a one front war, since a 2 front war cannot be won at this level.

Preturn: No changes.

Early: Build settler and settle in spot mentioned by me earlier. Think about changing it, but decide to go with it due to distance 3. We get useless maps from the Hut.

Mid: Spot a Barbarian. Track down the camp. Build a Spear.

Late: Destroy the camp netting 25 gold. Research to 100%.

Notes:
We are building a settler and barracks. We have a spear, an Archer, and 2 warriors.

No contacts

Thanks for letting me in on this :) Lot's of my favorite players bundled up in here, even grs!

I have nothing to offer regarding plans, except: Keep on doing what you're doing now, and do it right :lol:

I really like the location though.

grs said:
Next city 3 se of Beijing

Would a city here need an aqueduct? I've always found that particular river/mountain graphic ambiguous.

I agree with settling towards the chokepoint. Our hinterland can wait.

Northern Pike said:
Would a city here need an aqueduct? I've always found that particular river/mountain graphic ambiguous.

Right click the tile & look at the terrain. If you have an extra gold it's a river. I can never tell by just looking at the map.

If SE SE SE is not a river, consider S S S to get the lux in our borders.

Given the lay of the land (choke), maybe we could risk a core 3 tiles [CxxxC instead of the usual CxxC SE SE SE SE] from the capital to get on the river. Wow, what a poor sentence. :lol:

Thoughts?

Welcome gozpel. :bounce:

Top Bottom