5th December 2004 - 3 Anti-grav tanks

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
The first batch of hover tanks for the 40k mod. As I type they are rolling... errr... floating... off the production lines, ready to kill some arrogant Space Marines ;)

Falcon Grav Tank (descriptions stolen from the 40k units thread, along with bad spelling...):
"Gracefull swoopy Tank unit. It hovers so it moves two spaces and ignores swamps and hill and can rebase n' stuff."

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Falcon.zip
EDIT: I forgot to stick the death animation in with the falcon! I've attached it, and it's now sitting at the bottom of this post!

Fire Prism:
"Like the Falcon, the Fire prism moves two spaces and ignores swamps and hills and rebases. It is a fairly heavy tank."

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Prism.zip

Nightspinner:
"Mobile Arty which can atatck and defend are rebase and all that cool stuff"

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/NightSpinner.zip

All 3 come with what sounds I could put together. Next up should be another load of grav tanks probs (wave serpent, firestorm, cobra), as I can base them on these guys, and can steal some animations from myself. I released these three now, as they are done, and I don't know how long the other three will take me to do.

Have fun!

EDIT: And here is the poor forgotten lost falcon death flic...

EDIT 2: Fixed .ini also attached for the falcon

EDIT 3: Fixed pedia .pcxs for all of them (wrong colour depth...) Attached below!

Attachments

• FalconDeath.zip
    183.2 KB · Views: 638
  • Falcon_ini.zip
    549 bytes · Views: 435
  • Falc_Pedia.zip
    5 KB · Views: 404
  • NS_Pedia.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Prism_Pedia.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 417
Not bad! :) Altough i think they should have the Ulthwe Craftworld's colour scheme...
Are you going to do the Scorpion Type II?

P.S.Y.C.H.O. said:
Not bad! :) Altough i think they should have the Ulthwe Craftworld's colour scheme...
Are you going to do the Scorpion Type II?
It's civ-specific. I'm not entirely sure it it worked out well. Some colours I think they'll look odd in, while others seem fine...

The scorpian is on the shortlist - what is the scoprian type 2?

Exelent, I was hoping you'd release these this week, means I can gauge the required size for the Tau Hammerhead and devilfish.

These are superb, the attack animations are very inventive. :)

One thing I did notice, Is there no death animation for the falcon? I often forget to include flicks myself, prior to posting the zip, I hope thats the case. :(

Smoking mirror said:
Exelent, I was hoping you'd release these this week, means I can gauge the required size for the Tau Hammerhead and devilfish.

These are superb, the attack animations are very inventive. :)

One thing I did notice, Is there no death animation for the falcon? I often forget to include flicks myself, prior to posting the zip, I hope thats the case. :(
You're right... errr... there should be one! I'll just poke around on my PC to see where it has got too.

30 seconds later: Ok, turns out I missedt he zipping directory when I was sorting it all out. I'll attach it to the first post...

WOW! :worship: These are excellent... can't wait to load 'em in and kick some %%%. If you know what I mean. :mischief: Anyways, nice job!

Holy ****! They're Done! EXCELLENT! Now, I could go update the library, but that's too much like actuall work.

Very cool :D

Wow! How did I miss these? These are amazing! :D

I didn't realise that they were civ-coloured. I put them in-game and I was blown away by the colours! :cool: Your best units yet.

I've only downloaded the Falcon right now but you have two problems :) In it's INI you miss-spelled the name for the Shruiken .wav sound (which crashes the game) and the pedia pics have not had their colours reduced to 256. I know how it is though - I've done much worse.

Attachments

• FalconGravTank1.jpg
    FalconGravTank1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,513
wow. These are really cool units, I might have to start a whole new mod.

muffins said:
Wow! How did I miss these? These are amazing! :D
muffins said:
I've only downloaded the Falcon right now but you have two problems :) In it's INI you miss-spelled the name for the Shruiken .wav sound (which crashes the game) and the pedia pics have not had their colours reduced to 256. I know how it is though - I've done much worse.
CURSES! I have a nasty habit of rushing that stuff...

I'll... err... do something about it!

EDIT: Well, my computer says that they are 256 colours...
Attached to the first post is the fixed falcon.ini. I had another look through the others, and they should be fine.

Top Bottom