Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

Gangster
Ok this is the official Foreign Affairs Department Poll on what to do about Russia, if you do not know, Russia has sent a overwhelming force to our city, TBD (Kyoto). They intend to invade our city, also by attacking us they won’t have to pay us 370 gold per turn, they own us.

There are three options.

OPTION A

We stop the Russian attack on TBD by getting rid of TBD, we could hand this city over to another nation or we could abandon it. This is not guaranteed to stop the coming conflict but it is the only chance we have for peace. If you vote for this option please post what you think we should do with the city, (give it what nation, or abandon it). COST: a city

OPTION B

Sign a mutual protection pact and a right of passage with France China, America and the Aztecs, this will counter the MPPs Russia has with America and Aztecs. It will also make our war easier by forcing the Russians to fight on many fronts. This will also improve our relationship with all three nations. This will cause a world war. Bringing France into this will make them our friends and also protect us if a neighbouring nation gets involved in the war. COST: when you sign lots of MPP, every additional MPP cost more. The first one (or two) will be free. So we would sign in this order China, America, France, Aztecs. It won’t cost two much. Plus 370gold per turn.

OPTION C

Don’t hand over the city and don’t make alliances. Hope Russia doesn’t attack. If they do attack and we fight back, it will mean war with America and Aztecs. COST: If we are attack then 360 per turn, and ac hance to hit back.

OTHER

ABSTAIN.

………………………………........................................................................................................................................
It is the FAmily’s opinion that that option A is the best, as it will stop the war. If this option wins I am in favour of giving the city to the Aztecs, this will improve our relation with us. Give them one more city and keep our continent and theirs apart.

Please vote here, also I want to say option C is crazy. This poll is 48 hours.

Lose the city. No question about it.

The risk of losing over 300gpt is reason enough. So I stand with Don Nobodizini in encouraging our interests to evacuate from where they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Vote Option A - the only sensible solution

I also vote for A...

Nobody,

Another cost of Option B is the chance that a war on Atarashika could break out without our encouragement. If we have MPPs with everyone at that time, we will have to take a rep hit when we are to forced to break one MPP agreement to honor a second.

hi everyone who ever votes option A or anyone else, please state what you should do the city. I don't want to poll, i want take advice from here.

As much as I hate to do it. Option A is our best choice.

Ooo, ooo, see if Russia will take it. That would be ironic.

What's really ironic is the fact that I just used the word irony in a definition other than its real definition, which is the real definition of irony.(read it a few times; it makes sense.)

snipelfritz said:
As much as I hate to do it. Option A is our best choice.

Ooo, ooo, see if Russia will take it. That would be ironic.

What's really ironic is the fact that I just used the word irony in a definition other than its real definition, which is the real definition of irony.(read it a few times; it makes sense.)

Alanis couldn't have said it better. Don't ya think? ;)

"It's like raaaaa-eeeeeee-aaaiiinnnn............." :D

Nobody: I don't care. The Aztecs is fine with me.

Don Nobidz: I say give it to Russia if we can. If we give it to anyone else the Russians might conquer it anyway, and world-wide peace is better for everyone, no?

Hm... Option A never occurred to me. I had done research with the assumption that we were headed into World War.

I assume that under Option A our Musketman and Worker would exunt post haste to the Mountains near Anyang for pickup?

Before I vote, I would like to ask: Would an MPP take effect if a Russia attacked TBD in the IBT? Or is it merely having hostiles in our territory at the time of the "ally's" turn? Because Russia CAN attack that next turn.

About those wanting Russia: Why is World peace necessarily a good thing? Why not give that city to China and let these two not-so-super-powers duke it out once and for all? Or to America and force them to defend on two fronts?

Like I said above: I would rather give it to China. They can probably Defend it.

As for Option B, here's a list of what civs would GIVE for an MPP:
China, Babs, Romans, Zulu: Has Nothing
France: 2 GPT + 4
Iroquois: 6 GPT + 44
Americans: 15 GPT + 6
Aztecs: 16 GPT + 16

For MPP + ROPs:
France: 4 GPT + 8
Iroquois: 6 GPT + 70 (all they have)
America: 19 GPT + 6
Aztecs: 19 GPT + 12

So the order would be France, China, Iroquois, America, Aztecs, anyone else.

no under option a, our musket man and worker would zoom home, havent you guy ever traded in citys? come on say where to send the city, i can't be bothred to poll again.

when i tried it all civs would give us a free RoP-MPP.

If we signed a MPP it wont stop the russians, so i never polled it.

About those wanting Russia: Why is World peace necessarily a good thing? Why not give that city to China and let these two not-so-super-powers duke it out once and for all?

This could mean World War. It could last for the rest of the game.

Nobody said:
hi everyone who ever votes option A or anyone else, please state what you should do the city. I don't want to poll, i want take advice from here.

Gift it to Russia. It solves the problem simply and elegantly.

-- Ravensfire

How could it mean World War, if it's only between the people of the other Continent? Do you think our immediate neighbors are that petty as to form alliances with people on the other continent, and thus becme entangled in Foreign Wars, so long as we remain neutral?

Let the other continent destroy itself. We will prosper in their destruction.

And didn't we settle this city primarily to deny the Russians Coal?

thats true if we give the city to someone who has coal, it wont change the balance of power.and i dont think we should reward russia for there scumness,

It starting to look like we should poll who actually gets the city.

I think the options should be:

China(TBD connected to Chinese mainland)
Russia(TBD connected to Russian mainland)
Rome(dish it off to a neutral party)

I also feel that no matter what, we need to make sure that the worker outside of TBD does not get left behind. It would be a shame if we got out of Dodge intact, only to have the vile Russians ambush our contractors.

Let's leave no trace in the region so that Cathy cannot be justified in declaring war.

If we need to, disbanding that worker to prevent an attack could be justified.

Right now, I don't feel we need the war. It won't benefit us, and will only distract us. We need to spend our time, attention and resources on our infrastructure. Build now to establish us as the superpower of the world in the future.

-- Ravensfire

Honestly, moving the worker inside, will automatically send him home. We cannot have our contractors throats slit over by technologically and culturally inferior people that wants to nationalize our nations commercial interests in the middle of the jungle.
Just have all units within TBD, rename it according to the naming list (Huntington or Rotterdam) and give it to the polled nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom