UFO Overseer of Palace

Pounder

Phaethon was here
I like to think that there is possiblity that there has been some outside involvement in the development of many Civilizations.

I have been using this for a couple of years. It is simple, just an observing UFO added to the palace background.

Unzip it, goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\PalaceView

Don't forget to backup original file.

Attachments

• Ufo@plc.zip
    323 KB · Views: 643
what a sweet idea! are there many other palace mods out there?

If I am not mistaken, there are NO other palace mods out there and I have wanted one for a long time. Thgis is rather simple but it is still cool. IF only someone could change the actual building pieces to have different graphics or different looking styles. Or if somone was really ambitious they could try to modify the 010010100110 that appears as the code for the palace in the pediaicons.txt I believe.

If you mod the palace thats nice but not seen I guess because you forfeit any eyecandy like palce or city view, once you edit the game. Its a major bummer man :)

Both these lost options I mention are areas that could have sewn huge potential for improving perfection Just imagine what the talented artist on the art programs of today could have shown (not just pedia icon paintings or city set map stamps, cooler if they added flic files for windmils taht moved glistening cathedral rooftop, a flcok of locationial specific birds flock to a fouintain, etc.. )

Next to make the modders horizens expand would be new ending videos for all VC. Stealin ending from other games or net could give them a hand

With these kind of features The replay on a '3rd xpak' type mod would skyrocket. Just playin all the civs to see each cultural set's redeisned skylines would be awesome, and nevermind a full block of new cultural pimp pads with extra ammenities like prized horse grounds, clay pigen shooting, Bently collections on and on in era by era updates. WEre not just talkin a minor upgrade, There'd be enough when you think of what the modders have already been able to upgrade n expand upon, to package it all up under thw gise what a real civ seqaul would look like

I mean improved eyecandy/graphics done for the purpose of imporved cultual historic representation and entertainment, not just for cartoon sillyness like bannnas falling from trees, magic camera rides / Crap Like that what does that add to the game? Nothing but lag I tell ya!

eh Sorry for rant there

Top Bottom