Bengale Lancer, 22 Dec 2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Indian flavour cavalry unit.

This one gave me a headache since it is armed with lance, rifle and sabre and I had no idea how to combine all three reasonably in the attack anims. So now he attacks with his lance in the attackA, with the sabre in attackB anim, I leaved out the rifle completely. Since it is a Lancer unit I thought the lance should be used....hope you like it ;)

DL http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Bengale.zip (ca. 615kb)

Preview shows fortify > attackA

Attachments

• bengal_fort_att.gif
    bengal_fort_att.gif
    104 KB · Views: 2,614
Let's look at my crystal ball... (no, not my cystal balls :eek: )

Next one should be a Algerian Sipahi, French colonial army :scan:

And BeBro didn't tell me anything. I just have a list of requests I made months ago, and I can see a pattern it.

BeBro is just making all the 19th century cavalry.

Then, we could expect WWI cavalry perhaps

skam0073 said:
An Indian flavor unit at last! I wish you had included the rifle attack but it's looking very nice never the less.Thanks a lot:)
Why at last? It's the second one made by BeBro

Excellent, Maybe I could use in my scenario too I think....Whats the latest date it could be used? I was thinking i'd be fine for some of the more backward Indian Civs in the 1800s.

Steph said:
Why at last? It's the second one made by BeBro

What's the first?

Bebro, well, I guess this is closer to an american indian than most...
Oooh, how about a "die in the saddle" death animation for your next cavalry? That'd be something new.

The first was an Indian (Sikh) rifleman, check the unit artist library for it. ;) Hope it doesn't disappoint you, but for the moment I don't plan any american indian units. My free time will again decrease soon, and I want to do primarily some units I promised Steph long ago. Unfortunately no american indian units are amongst them, so complaints have to go to Steph....Nah, joke....;)

Bungus said:
Oooh, how about a "die in the saddle" death animation for your next cavalry? That'd be something new.

Maybe. I think the first version of my Teutonic Knight had somthing similar, but I changed when I reworked the unit since the knight falling from the horse looked more spectacular. But maybe I use this idea :)

BeBro said:
...Unfortunately no american indian units are amongst them, so complaints have to go to Steph...
Pffff, Come on Steph, why do you hate Native Americans so much...

Sikh Rifleman- Oh yeah, Already have him. I thought Stpeh meant cavalry. I like both these indian guys. Probably the only flavors they have.
The death in the saddle would probably be most appropriate for cavalry type of this era too, because they're dead most likely cause they got a bullet in the chest.

Bungus said:
I guess this is closer to an american indian than most...
You have no idea of what you're talking about, do you...

Steph said:
This Bengale lancer is end of 19th century

Perfect, It fits right in my scenario...What other Indian units do you plan?

Is there an Infantry or Rifleman to go along with this?

Cool :D So many horsemen...

Top Bottom