Lost in the wastelands
WW2 French heavy tank

ARL44

Attachments

• ARL 44.jpg
    ARL 44.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,103
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool! :) Is this a prototype or something, i've never heard of it before...

Oh you're such a spammer ripptide :p Thanks man, these units are great, superb.

W.i.n.t.e.r: I think most of them are just updates. I've seen the Russian tanks before, again done by ripptide. I remember ripptide once saying that he'll update his old units. Correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S.Y.C.H.O. said:
Looks cool! :) Is this a prototype or something, i've never heard of it before...
This tank was in project when WW2 begins, then, after the war manufactured in small quantity about 100 pieces, later replaced by US M3/M4 and origin French models - AMX etc.

Man, this new flood is AWESOME!!!!! Modern era will finally be as fun as medieval, :lol:.One request, for your next flood, could you release them individually and in a one-download pack? That would make it alot easier on my fingers and my hard-drive.

P.S.Y.C.H.O. said:
ARL 44 in tank museum Aumur, France - http://www.armorinaction.com/Arl-44.jpg
The design of this tank started clandestinely when France was still under German occupation. After the Normandy landings, the French restarted their war industry. Production was carried out by both FAMH and Renault under the parentage of the ARL. Christened 'Char de Transition ARL-44', the ARL 44 was based largely on the pre-war Char B1 bis. The first unit became ready only after the war had ended in 1946. The new French heavy tank came equipped with a 90mm cannon housed in a Schneider turret powered by a Simca traversing gear. The ARL 44 used the same tracks as the Char B1 bis, but were protected by skirting plates. Only 60 units were ever produced. This tank made its one and only public appearance at the National Day Parade on 14 July 1951.
Specifications
Weight 45 tons
Crew 5
Length 35.5'
Width 11.6'
Height 10.5'
Engine Maybach, gasoline
Performance 23.1 mph
Armament 90mm, 2 x MG

Top Bottom