Lost in the wastelands
WW2 US heavy bomber

B-17G

Attachments

• B-17G.jpg
    B-17G.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,808
Of course all planes are "heavy" :lol:

But seriously the B-29 was considered heavy because of not only the payload but the altittude that it flew at high altitude means heavy Medium 15,000-25,000 feet and light or "Maurader" is from ground level to 15,000 feet

Uhm, by the time the B-17 was in service (issued to airforce in 1935) there were no B-29s (not until Summer 1944) that would take away the "heavy" tag from the B-17s. :rolleyes: Similarly you could compare a Starfighter with the Joint Strike fighter under the category "state of the art fighter": We are talking different ages of technology here... doesn't mean the B-17 wasn't a heavy bomber in its 'time'.

Ripptide,
I must ask this....

After dl this unit and the Patriot I looked it over and first seeing that the files are more than 6 months old.. ????
Have this units been the same as the ones available at CDGHome ???

If you have made extra updates on all these that you now have been added in the forum dated 23 dec PLEASE tell which ones.

Your units have always held top class, so any new or further updates the last few months are more then welcome. But then dl all these units, which I already have on my PC, will take hours of time (slow modem). Just to find out that I already have the latest of your updates.

So please Ripptide, a little info

Cemo

The B29 first came into service near the end of 1944, and was solely used in the pacific theatre.

Just to clear things up :)

He had all of these (as far as I can tell) released at CDG since early 2004! It is a bit confusing as there have been updates to a row of them some few months back (again, I think all updated ones are now featured at CFC). No brand new unit amongst them yet, but its nice to have the lot at CFC now as well, after Ripptide posting mostly at CFC anyways.

Yep, as I had mentioned in another thread, many of these are ones I just hadn't gotten around to uploading here, and since I was being asked by several users to make my "units list" seemed like the appropriate time.

cemo1956, if a release is an update, I try to remember to add it in the title or description. If you already have it from CDG chances are they're the same files.

ripptide said:
Yep, as I had mentioned in another thread, many of these are ones I just hadn't gotten around to uploading here, and since I was being asked by several users to make my "units list" seemed like the appropriate time.

Yeah. You put like 90% of your units on here. :eek: Still missing at least two, that I can recall anyways. ;)

ripptide said:

cemo1956, if a release is an update, I try to remember to add it in the title or description. If you already have it from CDG chances are they're the same files.

Thanks for that info Ripptide,
then I just sit down and wait for (perhaps some British Cold Jets, Buccaneers, Javelins and such).

Enjoy the XMas holidays and New Year Ripptide.

Cemo

Top Bottom