LK86 - Two great variant in one. RaR and AWM.

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Difficulty = Monarchy
Civilization = Random
Pangaea, 60%, Random
Barbs = None
World Size = Standard

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
open slot
Greebley
Meldor (24 hours to confirm, then open slot)

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Sign up requirement - Previous AW experience, previous RaR a plus, minimum of previous military empire win.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

Drats! Remember to PM me around X-mas. By then I should been able to download 120MB.

I'm so curious about this mod (and also the animal stuff, microbe) but with a dial-up server that is shoddy as its best, it won't happen in a while.

Not even with GetRight.

It's a shame.

you guys always beat me to it, I would like to join too, if meldor doesn't want

I will start this one today...

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski
Greebley
Meldor

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Open spot? Got it :D.

May I strongly suggest to not play a completely random, but a random MIL Civ? (Just get an integer between 1 and 8 from www.random.org)
I seriously doubt it is possible to survive with a non-MIL Civ if the next neighbor is MIL...
Can you please explain why you make this comment. I won't start the game until I understand the reason behind this.

How hard is it to research a tech that gets a 2-1-1 unit? If one can get it fairly quickly (or one can get the 1-3-1 unit but I think that is further in), then it is no different than C3C (mil civs start with warrior code).

If you can't get a 2-1-1 unit for a long time, then I can see the point.

One problem though: Playing a MIL civ at monarchy may be too easy. Our 2-1-1 unit will give us a big advantage and we can tear through the nearby non-MIL civs in a manner that gives us a less accurate picture of AW since we will have Military Superiority.

Greebley said:
How hard is it to research a tech that gets a 2-1-1 unit? If one can get it fairly quickly (or one can get the 1-3-1 unit but I think that is further in), then it is no different than C3C (mil civs start with warrior code).

If you can't get a 2-1-1 unit for a long time, then I can see the point.

One problem though: Playing a MIL civ at monarchy may be too easy. Our 2-1-1 unit will give us a big advantage and we can tear through the nearby non-MIL civs in a manner that gives us a less accurate picture of AW since we will have Military Superiority.
You can get warfare - which gives you 20 shield archers (or equivalets) - fairly quick on monarch (12 turns). You will have a double price unit with the same stats as the champion.

Then I think if we are going with a random civ it should be random. I don't see MIL as being necessary at Monarchy (probably not emporer either)

I also don't see it as "breaking" AW to be non-mil. I say stick with random. Paying more for such a unit just means we have bumped up the difficulty a small amount. In fact I see very little difference from normal C3C. In that game the mil civs start with archers.

In any case, the only time it would make a difference is the early game. In that case Lee will know if they are game breaking when he plays his 30 and can judge appropriately (no point in playing a lost game). I would be very suprised if that fact breaks the game.

Well it looks like Doc may be right, but we shall see. The first attempt at starting as Russia looks it will go down in flames. 3 early contacts and pillaged to death.

What I am not sure is if it was non-military, or no initial food. A size 2 city that can't grow doesn't form a very good empire.

Well on to attempt #2. I took it to 50 turns and I just starting the hardy clan. Waiting 70 turns for city #2 just isn't viable to me.

Although I understand the reasoning for a military civ, I don't want to start a RAR & AW series dependent on being military. I want to be able to win with any civ. Meeting Germany early on is brutal in regular C3C.

Remember: We are on the 1.03 patch.

Top Bottom