New Unit: Meteor (23 JAN 05)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I kinda snuck this one in on the side. Those who've played Final Fantasy VII should recognize this one right off. This is an ICBM type unit, and replaces the ICBM in my mod. Feel Free to use it for whatever you want.

UPDATE: fixed civ-coloring issues with Units_32 icon and made the attack (Falling) animation compatible with the PTW/C3C version of the ICBM in order to eliminate the metoer flying up in the air, backwards, before falling on the target.

Preview: Kiss your city good bye!

File Download Here

Would work well with the Dinosaur units.

Wow, very cool! What kind of technology do you need to call one of *those* things down?

Though you mean, of course, a meteorite. Meteors are specks of dust that burn up in the atmosphere. Doesn't look to me like that thing's going to burn up harmlessly.

Interesting unit. :D That could be useful as a spell for some of the fantasy mods

Plontius, I mean Meteor. Meteor, In Final Fantasy VII, was a small planet (or planetoid) that was summoned to smash into the target using the secret to the Ultimate Destructive magic: The black Materia.

In my Final Fantasy mod, I've replaced "fission" with "Magitek" which allows the appearance of the Materia resource. If you have access to Materia, and were the civ that built the Temple of the Ancients (where the Black Materia was stored in FF VII), then you could build the Black Materia Great wonder, which allows all civilizations to summon Meteor (providing that they have researched summoning and have materia available). To counter this, I have a small wonder available called "White Materia" which, when built has a 75% chance of calling forth Holy to defeat Meteor (just like in Final Fantasy VII, I might add). I'll be making wonder graphics for both the Black and White materia fairly soon.

Reno, I love your avatar, and since I'm about to get back to my FF mod story, you should be delighted to know I've added a "Weapons Development Center" small wonder that allows (a) the production of Armies without leaders (so even if you have my typically rotten luck with MGl's, you can still eventually get armies) and produces a Makou Cannon every 20 turns.

Very nice. I might have to add this as a sort of nuke to the D&D mod. Of course I'd call it Meteor Swarm.

Hikaro Takayama said:
Reno, I love your avatar, and since I'm about to get back to my FF mod story, you should be delighted to know I've added a "Weapons Development Center" small wonder that allows (a) the production of Armies without leaders (so even if you have my typically rotten luck with MGl's, you can still eventually get armies) and produces a Makou Cannon every 20 turns.

:clap: Even better, though i have promised myself that i will only produce only one Mako Cannon, and once it's destroyed i will build another one.

fantastic unit!!!!!
i wonder what happens if u make this the barbarians advanced unit... that would be chaos

Hikaro Takayama said:
Plontius, I mean Meteor. Meteor, In Final Fantasy VII, was a small planet (or planetoid) that was summoned to smash into the target using the secret to the Ultimate Destructive magic: The black Materia.

Then I stand very much corrected!

Simple: I just re-named the "SDI Defense" small wonder to "the White Materia" :D The SDI has either a 50 or 75% chance of stopping an ICBM (and since all I really did was change the graphics, name and resource requirements for the ICBM, then anything affecting ICBM class units should affect this).

This could be used for a fantasy mod with humans fighting against dinosaurs, trying to survive long enough to get a tech that enables this weapon... That would be nice.

Top Bottom