LK89 - Raze Three to Dominate the World, mystery civ.

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Difficulty = Deity
Civilization = Random
Map = Pangaea, mystery climate.
Barbs = None
World Size = Standard

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Gozpel
Greebley
Meldor
Open slot?

I am going to offer this to the standard LK crew first. If some don't reply within 24 hours, then I will open it up to the world.

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Sign up requirement - a previous military win on deity. Previous 5CCC experience is preferred or some other insane deity variant.

Raze Three to Dominate the World.
We start out as a typical 5CC game and build 5 cities. After the fifth one is built for every 3 cities we raze me may acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty.

Where this really gets ugly is we can't afford to cripple any AI. We need them to keep building cities while we slowly get the right to build up our empire. We need them to keep filling in the gaps while we get another city.

This one may be a little TOO insane...

We MUST win by Domination

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

[Edit: Never mind I read the title - It IS a domination win]

After some thought, I think it is doable (not insane).

I am in.

[Edit2: I would mention that the win needs to be domination in the first post. Others may also get confused ]

Old Message:
Would it be even more insane to go for a domination win? Perhaps that could be the "preferred win" (i.e. we can go for another win if domination win becomes tedious).

The reason I suggest this is that otherwise it is the same/easier than a 5CC deity game.

In any case I will play.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (unsure)
Gozpel (confirmed)
Greebley
Meldor
Open slot?

I am going to offer this to the standard LK crew first. If some don't reply within 24 hours, then I will open it up to the world.

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Remember, we MUST win by Domination

Sign up requirement - a previous military win on deity. Previous 5CCC experience is preferred or some other insane deity variant.

I would be up for it.

What about expolits of finding a good lux or resource spot and then leaving it open to make the AI build a city so we can keep razing them? Would this be an issue? Just razing enough cities to to build another is going to leave enough room that the AI should be on constant settler build.

Also, can the third city be a capture? The rules don't allow this, but I want it to be explicit. If you want to capture a city, there have to be three razes prior to its capture, not 2 cities and the captured one.

Also, can the third city be a capture? The rules don't allow this, but I want it to be explicit. If you want to capture a city, there have to be three razes prior to its capture, not 2 cities and the captured one.
I will try rewording. 2 cities razed and captured is NOT allowed.

We start out as a typical 5CC game and build 5 cities. After the fifth one is built the razing requirements come in. After we raze 3 cities, then we have the credit to acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty.

Where this really gets ugly is we can't afford to cripple any AI. We need them to keep building cities while we slowly get the right to build up our empire. We need them to keep filling in the gaps while we get another city.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (unsure)
Gozpel
Greebley (confirmed)
Meldor (confirmed)
Open slot?

Another thought...
So razes expire? If we raze 10 cities in one war then build 3 cities during peace, start another war, do we only have to raze 2 more for another city or do we have to raze three city just prior to settling?

Rules attempt #3. The additions are in italics.

We start out as a typical 5CC game and build 5 cities. After the fifth one is built the razing requirements come in. After we raze 3 cities, then we have the credit to acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty. The razed city credits extend between wars.

The right to acquire a city doesn't expire. If we have razed 6 cities, and haven't added anymore we can acquire 2 more.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (confirmed)
Gozpel
Greebley (confirmed)
Meldor (confirmed)
Open slot?

This is rules attempt #4. The additions are in italics. So much for thinking I had a simple idea...

We start out as a 5CC game and build 5 cities. After the fifth one is built the razing requirements come in. After we raze 3 cities, then we have the credit to acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty. The razed city credits extend between wars.

The right to acquire a city doesn't expire. If we have razed 6 cities, and haven't added anymore we can acquire 2 more.

If we loss a city the razed count goes back to zero and we forfeit the right to acquire 1 city. If we had the right to acquire 3 cities, the new count would be 2.

Open slot?

I would sign up this time

ThERat said:
Open slot?

I would sign up this time
That was in case the base crew didn't sign up. Since they all signed up, there is no open slot.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (confirmed)
Gozpel (confirmed)
Greebley (confirmed)
Meldor (confirmed)

I will start this one today.

@ microbe - It should come today at the earliest. We had Australia Day Wednesday and really rough storms the 2 last days, so the mailservice has been hindered. I'll know in 3-4 hrs or so :) Your PM-box would be the first thing I visit.

A question regarding the remote chance of flips to us. I understand in a normal 5CC we have to rebuff the rebels. But what if we are at war with someone and one of their towns happen to flip to us? Do we just take it and raze it and add it to the count or do we rebuff that too?

I know flips won't happen, maybe 1:1000 chance or so. I just want to know how we are supposed to handle that.

I know flips won't happen, maybe 1:1000 chance or so. I just want to know how we are supposed to handle that.
If we have the right to a city accepting a flip is valid.

And if we don't have the right to another city? Do we rebuff the flip (as per the rule we can't have more than 5 cities even for a millisecond) or can we take it and raze it?
This is if we are at war with the same civ.

Sorry for being thick here, I haven't got enough coffee yet.

Top Bottom