Unit: Mage, 2 Feb 2005

mrtn

Shaven not stirred
This is a colour converted Abu Bakr king unit that's been given a new magical attack. The preview is unfortunate in that everything looks blue, but I assure you, the blue of the turban and the hem of the robe is civ coloured, just like Abu Bakr's, while the robe itself is blue whatever civ colour you choose.

The attack sound is a bit cheesy (i e it's stolen, and doesn't fit very well), if you can make a better one, be my guest, and please post it. :)

1.0 removed after 59 downloads

Attachments

• Mage1.1.zip
    440.7 KB · Views: 798
do you have a preview mrtn? i dont have the software at work to view the flcs....

edit: nevermind, it's not that hard to download and install a viewer! looks excellent - love the attack handwork! and very cool death spin!

EW

Nice work mrtn. Didn't you do something similiar to this before?

excellent. :D Sorcerer units are always needed.

very cool :)

tjedge1 said:
Nice work mrtn. Didn't you do something similiar to this before?
Yep, made the Temujin attack.

Here's a civ colour preview:

Attachments

• Magepreview.jpg
    Magepreview.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,823
The new one is cooler. I might us both in a side project I'm working on.

This is perfect for the Blue Mage late game UU for the FFTA civ that I'd added to the FF mod. I was going to use the Temujin attack that you did, but this one's much better (since the blue mages in FFTA wear blue).

Because in Final Fantasy 5, the first game to feature the Blue Mage, has them wearing blue..

So does FF Tactics Advanced. As a matter of fact, that particular game has a rather mid-eastern flavor, and the Blue mage job charachters look almost exactly like this color converted unit (right down to the turban.....).

Very nice:goodjob:

If you don't like the fire attack, then why not use one of aaglos attacks from his shamans?

I don't dislike the fire attack, it's just that I wanted a attack that was easy to fit into the palette ;)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :)

Thanks mrtn, I always get annoyed when I have to make them myself. I'm terrible at it. :)

tjedge1 said:
Thanks mrtn, I always get annoyed when I have to make them myself. I'm terrible at it. :)
That's actually one thing I'm good at, I've made loads to my personal mod. And corrected some bad ones by different creators, such as BreakAway. :mischief:

Any chance I could recruit you for my beta testing to redo some of my awful looking ones?

No, but maybe I could do them anyway. If you only have the unit I could make a decent looking small one at least, if you have some bigger gfx I could try for a large one too. But maybe this thread isn't the place for that... ;)

Top Bottom